The par-72 golf course at Hacienda del Alamo is undergoing somewhat of a renaissance with significant re-investment having taken place recently to bring the golf course back up to its former glories.
One of the longest golf courses in Spain, the Hacienda del Alamo golf course’s main challenge is certainly provided by its length and additionally in its expansive putting surfaces as the desert style of the course means that trees and too many lost balls don’t really come into play here! However, don’t let that mislead you into thinking it is going to be a pushover as the heavily sculpted fairways, large fairway bunkers and plenty of water hazards will provide plenty of challenges during your round.
The four par-3 holes on the Hacienda del Alamo golf course are a particular challenge as walking off any of their greens with a nett par or better should be considered a successful outcome due to their length and large putting greens.
On the longer par-4 and par-5 holes a good tee shot is a real advantage because although the course is very well irrigated, the climate in this south-eastern corner of Spain near Murcia is generally very dry so most of the golf courses in the area feature fast running fairways with plenty of run on the ball – and Hacienda del Alamo is no exception to this rule, even allowing low running – even mis-hit – tee shots to work hard for you down the fairways!
Alongside the excellent golf course are some of the very best practice facilities around, with a quite superb two tier driving range, fitting studio with Trackman facilities, large short game area and plenty of space on the excellent putting greens. If practice and game improvement is part of your holiday wish-list then Hacienda del Alamo is unrivalled and with splendid apartment and hotel options on-site a golf break here is a great choice!Murcia, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6724m
Max Length (Ladies): 5534m
Year Opened: 2006
Designer: Dave Thomas
Manager: Ignacio Simancas
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Hacienda del Alamo Golf Club
- Wide open, but quite long
- Good standard of maintenance
- Excellent greens
- First class practice facilities
- Highly recommended by The Golf Travel People