Lorca Golf Course is set in the foothills of the Almenara mountains of southern Murcia, 10 minutes inland from the coastal resort town of Aguilas close to the border with Almeria province.
The golf course was designed by Dave Thomas and opened in November 2011 and provides visiting golfers with a real test of accuracy throughout the round. Some of the tee shots appear very tight at the start of the hole, but in fact once you stroll down the fairways the landing areas often open up into wider expanses than you first thought. Maybe this is not a bad thing, as the sightlines from the tees often trick the eye into believing the landing areas are smaller than they actually are, thereby forcing you to play a more accurate tee shot than perhaps you would normally have done.
Follow that by approaches into small greens with plenty of slopes and again you will find a premium has been placed on your accuracy!
The putting surfaces are smooth and the ball rolls truly on these excellent greens which are the best feature of this tricky course.
Visiting golfers will enjoy a round here at Lorca if they forget the wide open spaces of some of the other courses in the Murcia region and focus on hitting straight and true on what in our opinion is one of the trickiest courses in the area!Murcia, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5613m
Max Length (Ladies): 4337m
Slope (Men): 133
Slope (Ladies): 111
Year Opened: 2011
Designer: Dave Thomas
Manager: Ignacio Simancas
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
DownloadsLorca Golf Club Scorecard (PDF)
18 holes and golf and buggy deals always available here at Lorca Golf – probably the best value in Spain! Contact us for more details and your full quotation.
Lorca Golf Club
- Located in the mountains
- A tricky, quirky course
- Very nice clubhouse