The golf course at the Mar Menor Golf Resort is the flagship of the old Polaris World group of Jack Nicklaus designed golf courses in the Murcia region of south-west Spain. Having said that, the great man himself only designed the back-9 holes at Mer Menor with another prolific designer Dave Thomas having drawn up the plans for the front-9. The handiwork of the 2 separate designers is quite apparent as you progress around the golf course with the front-9 being quote distinct from the back-9.
The first loop of 9 holes is tighter – especially holes 2 to 5 – with a premium placed on accuracy here, although 6 and 7 do allow a bit more forgiveness to errant shots, however it does pay to hit the ball straight throughout your round of golf here at Mar Menor as with so much property around the golf course it is not uncommon to see the odd stray golf ball rattling around on a balcony or terrace!
Holes 13 – 15 are usually the most memorable of the 18 holes here at Mar Menor Golf as they plot their way around spectacular lakes that teem with fish and birdlife, and with high-quality bunkering protecting many of the greens, the closing stretch of the course is a real challenge and can wreck what was previously a good scorecard.
The excellent putting surfaces throughout the golf course are generally of a large size and with plenty of slopes, breaks and borrows a 3-putt is never far away unless you have laser-like accuracy into the pin.
With extensive practice facilities available, including a full par-4 practice hole that can be reserved for groups travelling with a PGA professional, Mar Menor Golf is a perfect venue for a golf break in Murcia.Murcia, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6153m
Max Length (Ladies): 5101m
Slope (Men): 135
Slope (Ladies): 130
Year Opened: 2006
Designer: Dave Thomas/Jack Nicklaus
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
DownloadsScorecard Mar Menor Golf (PDF)
18 holes, twilight golf and golf & buggy rates always available
Mar Menor Golf Club
- Very easy walking course
- Some tight holes on front-9
- Back-9 becomes more open
- 4 star apartments on-site
- 5-star hotel on-site