Set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, the first Faldo designed Championship Golf Course in Northern Ireland is an exciting challenge for the golf enthusiast. The opening four holes which wind through mature woodland, are preceded by a journey across Reeds Bridge to a most enticing 1st Hole set alongside Castle Hume Lough, paving the way to a spectacular par three.
Here, you play the formidable 5th, Dovecote Carry, across the edge of Castle Hume Lough. But this is only the beginning. A gentle climb to the 6th tee, Collop Rise, is rewarded with one of the finest views in international golf.
High above both Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, the course now embraces an extraordinary natural plateau. All around are magnificent views across a course, whose tranquil backdrop is a Lakeland of verdant green islands that speckle the horizon as far as the eye can see.
As distracting as the scenery can be, you must concentrate. For next, comes a real Lough Erne challenge, and an extremely taxing sequence of holes.
The par four 7th, Devenish Drop, played from the same plateau, sweeps down to a lakeside green – daring the longer hitter to cut off the corner of Lower Lough Erne.
Two strong lakeside holes precede the superb par four 10th, Emerald Isle, featuring a green surrounded by water on three sides, which presents a daunting target. This will undoubtedly become one of Lough Erne’s most photographed golf holes.
The par three holes on The Faldo Course are all distinctive. The 15th, for example, runs adjacent to the walled garden of Ely Lodge, the former home of the present and sixth Duke of Westminster. The course then builds to a fitting and dramatic climax.
The 16th, Faldo Turn, is played from a tee box that nestles among trees above Castle Hume Lough. After an exhilarating drive, the fairway tumbles down to the loughside once again. From here the par four 17th, Lough & Legend, sweeps along the edge of Castle Hume Lough, leading you to the outstanding par three finishing hole.
Set in front of the Five- Star luxury hotel terrace, the 18th, Cygnets Rest, calls for a courageous iron shot across the water to find a mischievously angled green and heroic conclusion to a memorable round!
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 7167yds
Max Length (Ladies): 5015yds
Year Opened: 2009
Designer: Nick Faldo
Director of Golf: Andy Campbell
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Lough Erne Resort - Faldo Course
- An incredible lough-side course
- Challenging Faldo design
- Some spectacular holes
- Wicked bunkers and greens
- Fabulous on-site 5 star luxury hotel