The Merchant Hotel Belfast is an intimate, sumptuous, 5 star hotel, situated in the historical Cathedral Quarter of Belfast’s city centre.
This magnificent Grade 1 listed property has been sensitively restored to its original splendour and is now regarded as one of the top hotels in Northern Ireland. The architectural grandeur of the hotel’s exterior and the opulence of the interior, demand an excellence of service and warmth of welcome that immediately sets our guests at their ease, with an ambience that embodies luxury and comfort around the clock.
The building, which was purpose built as the Head Quarters of The Ulster Bank, was completed in 1860. It is Italianate in style. Its stunning, classically styled interiors reflect the remarkable heritage of the building. Sculptures around the huge dome inside symbolise Science, Poetry, Sculpture and Music. It is below this dome that diners enjoy the exceptional Great Room Restaurant for daytime and evening à la carte dining, and traditional afternoon teas.
The Merchant Hotel prides itself on the calibre and variety of its excellent bars and club. From the elegance and opulence of The Bar, to the relaxed and comfortable Cloth Ear. From the glamour and sophistication of Ollie’s Club, to the retro chic of The Private Resident’s and Member’s Bar, The Merchant Hotel offers entertainment to suit your every mood.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
An array of in-room amenities and services including:
Full air conditioning
Full black-out blinds or curtains
A state-of-the-art television system
Robes and slippers
THE GREAT ROOM RESTAURANT
The quintessential fine dining experience awaits guests visiting The Great Room Restaurant in Belfast. The Grandeur of the perfectly preserved original Victorian architecture provides a stunning and fitting backdrop for the divine 2 AA Rosette food conjured up in The Great Room Kitchens by Head Chef John Paul Leake. Whether its breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner, A La Carte or our mid week set menu, The Great Room Restaurant offers a 5 star dining experience in Belfast’s grandest dining room.
BERTS JAZZ BAR
The Art Deco styled “Berts Bar” is Belfast’s only dedicated Jazz bar and restaurant. Enjoy live jazz 7 nights a week, a wonderful bistro style menu and an extensive drinks list
THE CLOTH EAR
The Cloth Ear provides patrons with a pleasing twist on the quintessential Irish Pub, combining our Victorian heritage with a thoroughly modern experience. Join us for fine food, local ales, wine by the keg and great conversation.
THE COCKTAIL BAR
Rare spirits, vintage Champagnes, and a cocktail list of encyclopedic proportions, all await your delectation in our Cocktail Bar. We also offer a simple yet elegant food menu daily.
The Veuve Clicquot lounge is the perfect location for an intimate private event. The bar and lounge is also open to the public on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
The Merchant Hotel Belfast
- Incredible architecture
- Excellent bars and restaurants
- Great city centre location
- Comfortable & quiet bedrooms
- Highly recommended!