Designed by Spanish golfer Jose Maria Olazabal, Costa Ballena Ocean Golf Club is a challenge for golfers of all abilities.
The club boasts 27 holes (3 x 9 holes, each named after the type of tree that flanks the 9 hole layout) plus a 9 hole true-par-3 course and offers a great range of Spanish golf holiday options.
Spread over a 100 hectare site running alongside the Atlantic coast, this course is in keeping with the natural landscape and enhances the beauty of the local environment.
The first 18 holes are played between the Atlantic Ocean and the soft plains of the interior. The par 72, 6215m design stretches over an area of exceptional beauty flanked by sand dunes, gentle slopes and four large lakes which come into play on many holes. Holes 19 – 27 are located to the East of the first 18 and are designed to complement the entire golf resort.
The Costa Ballena Ocean Golf Club was proud to host semi finals (2005 – 2010) of the European Tour Qualifying School. The resort has been rubber-stamped by many National PGA organisations, particularly those from Scandinavian countries and when you see the practice facilities you will understand why. The largest driving range in Europe at over 350m wide with extensive views over the Atlantic is the centre-piece of the golf school, and is complemented by the par 3 course, putting green and practice green for chipping and bunker shots.
The Clubhouse and pro-shop is a luxurious place in which to relax after your round. Featuring a fully equipped gym, sauna, jacuzzi and more the locker room area is truly one of the best we have seen. The fully stocked pro-shop is a great place to pick up those golf holiday bargains.
The on-site 4 star Barcelo Costa Ballena Hotel is a wonderful venue for a fantastic Stay & Play golf holiday in the Cadiz/Jerez region.Cadiz-Jerez, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Designer: Jose Maria Olazabal
Manager: Carlos Roca (also president of the Spanish PGA)
Year Opened: 1999
Commercial Manager: n/a
Pro: Nacho Garrido
Course 1 – Olives & Palms
- Par: 72
- Max Length (Men): 6302m
- Max Length (Ladies): 5155m
- Slope (Men): 128
- Slope (Ladies): 122
Course 2 – Palms & Ficus
- Par: 70
- Max Length (Men): 5698m
- Max Length (Ladies): 4798m
- Slope (Men): 121
- Slope (Ladies): 117
Course 3 – Ficus & Olives
- Par: 70
- Max Length (Men): 5802m
- Max Length (Ladies): 4871m
- Slope (Men):
- Slope (Ladies):
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
- Green fee types available: 18 holes, 2/3/4/5 Round Packages, 6 & 7 day Unlimited Golf deals
- Why not play unlimited golf at Costa Ballena Ocean GC? For only £11pp add an extra 9, 18 or 27 holes onto your booking!
Costa Ballena Ocean Golf Club
- 27 holes of championship golf
- Unrivalled practice facilities
- 9 hole pitch & putt
- Always in excellent condition
- 4 star hotels on-site