Few visitors to Southern Spain realise that this area was first visited and colonised by the British well over 100 years ago. Attracted by the mineral resources at the Rio Tinto mines north of Huelva many Britons came to find wealth and a new life. With them they brought their two main sporting passions – golf and football. From the sporting interests and enthusiasm of these British pioneers the oldest golf club in mainland Spain, Bellavista (1916), and the oldest football club, Recreativo Huelva FC were established.
The result of this early development at Bellavista Golf Club is a course and club that is more traditional than the usual Spanish offering.
This is true members club in the British style. More undulating than many in the coastal area, the course is a challenge for most golfers that belies it’s par of just 70. With a number of long par 5’s and also some lengthy par 4’s, just to reach the fantastically manicured greens in regulation will be an achievement for many.
Just to say that you have played at the oldest mainland course in a country which has become the biggest golf destination in Europe should be enough for most true golfers.Huelva, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
LOVELY COURSE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF I AM A LOW HANDICAP AND WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS COURSE FOR ALL HANDICAP GOLFERS…
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5806m
Max Length (Ladies): 4830m
Slope (Men): 127
Slope (Ladies): 119
Year Opened: 1916
Designer: Luis Recasens Mendez
Manager: Isidoro Tovar
Pro: Miguel Sanchez Becerra
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Heavily discounted rates always available here at Bellavista Golf Club with The Golf Travel People