La Monacilla Golf Course is a wonderful 18 hole golf course, par 72, with a length of 6851m from the back tees and 5164m from the red tees, designed by Jose Maria Olazabal.
Situated in a pine tree forest and carefully designed in sympathy with the Mediterranean landscape the golfer can enjoy great golf and superb views. It has large greens and wide fairways. There are spectacular lakes around holes 2 and 7.
The club has a large practice area situated near the clubhouse with a sizeable putting green, two pitch & putt greens with practice bunker and a driving range.
The province of Huelva is situated in the south-west corner of Spain, with Portugal to the West, Seville and Cadiz to the East, Extremadura to the North and the Atlantic Ocean to the South. The capital city of the same name boasts an enviable position between the estuaries of the rivers Tinto and Odiel. The city is a short drive away from the province’s spectacular 120 km coastline of fine sandy beaches.
The golf course is situated 5 km away from Huelva city, 5 minutes driving from the beach and an hour’s drive from the airports of Faro and Seville with easy access by motorway.
La Monacilla Golf Club offers the full range of services for golfers: clubhouse with terrace and restaurant, locker rooms, pro shop, caddy master, rentals (trolleys, clubs and buggies).Huelva, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
Great golf course
Great golf course, one of the best we had played in this area.
The greens were around 12, and friendly staff.
Excellent newish course
Excellent newish course, perfect fast holding greens and good holiday challenge course with out steep hilly fairways .Do Need to hit the ball well and straight to reach greens in regulation.
Water on par 5 holes great holes will be going again 3rd time Also good rates.
course in very good condition and getting better every year
Great layout, probably the best greens I have ever played on….
Pleasure to play...
Pleasure to play…
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6851m
Max Length (Ladies): 5164m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2010
Designer: Jose Maria Olazabal
Manager: Ricardo Bescansa
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
- 2 & 3 round green fee packages available at low rates
- 2 players with buggy available at only £40pp all year round
- All bookings with Golf de la Luz at La Monacilla GC include free driving range balls
- Reduced buggy rates available
- 1 free in 8 available on non-buggy-inclusive or transfer-inclusive rates
- Plus groups of 4 or more people can benefit from return transfers from the El Rompido or Islantilla Golf Resort Hotels for your rounds at La Monacilla (small supplement applies, reduced rates for 2 round bookings)
La Monacilla Golf Club
- Excellent layout
- Designed by Jose Maria Olazabal
- Quality putting surfaces
- Great clubhouse
- Close to quality hotels