El Rompido Golf Club opened mid 2003 to fantastic reviews throughout Europe. The original El Rompido South Course is a challenging and beautiful course, and with the recent addition of the fabulous El Rompido North Course the reputation of this superb facility can only grow.
The El Rompido Golf Club South Course annually hosts finals of the national Daily Mail Foursomes, and is hotly tipped to host many more national and international tournaments in coming years.
The El Rompido South Course itself sprawls across an intriguing mix of parkland and marshland and offers some amazing views – the walk from the 8th green to the 9th tee takes you across a 650ft pontoon right across the protected marshland where you can see freshwater crabs and an abundance of bird life.
As testament to how well the El Rompido golf resort has integrated its course into the local flora and fauna, the local authority granted a license to build another 18 holes (El Rompido North Course) to the west of the facility, which opened in June 2006. They will surely need this extra capacity as visitor numbers increase.
The on-site Precise Resort El Rompido 5 star hotel and 4 star apartment hotel offer a good standard of golf holiday accommodation for golfers visiting this superb Costa de la Luz golf resort.Huelva, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
You won't get bored at El Rompido!
Both courses are kept in excellent condition and are probably two of the most testing that I have played. They are long courses and are well watered so there is very little run on the ball. Every hole looks and sets up very differently. You will not get bored with the courses.
I'll be back!
I’ll be back! Nice and demanding golf course…
Superb golfing resort
May Challenge are coming back in May.If half as good as last visit then the new members of our society are in for a treat.Superb golfing resort,two testing courses and very helpful staff.No pressure then!!!!
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6148m
Max Length (Ladies): 5192m
Slope (Men): 133
Slope (Ladies): 127
Year Opened: 2003
Designer: Alvaro Arana
Manager: Mar Timoner
Pro: Peter Ballingall
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Reduced rates at El Rompido Golf Club – from only £33pp per round!
Plus superb Hotel & Golf Offers at the 5 star Precise Resort El Rompido:
Flexible Packages always available featuring from 3 nights and 2 rounds thru to as many nights and as many rounds as you wish to book – please ask for your bespoke quotation!
Summer Season Stay & Play Packages also available including golf at La Monacilla GC nearby, plus golf at El Rompido – please ask for your bespoke quotation!
El Rompido Golf Club - South Course
- Tight in places, but enjoyable
- A good holiday course
- Part of the El Rompido Golf Resort
- On-site 5 star hotel
- On-site 4 star apartments