This is a well manicured resort golf course near Lagos in the Western Algarve. Close to two other excellent golf courses at Onyria Palmares Golf Club and Santo Antonio Golf Club, it is a “must-play” for your golf holiday in Portugal.
With two distinctive sections the Boavista course offers a variety of holes commencing with the welcoming first hole, a meandering downhill par-4, bordered by beautiful sub-tropical landscaping leading to harmoniously designed properties.
As well as an 18 hole championship golf course Boavista Golf Resort also has a driving range and an excellent golf academy.
The signature hole is on the front nine – the 6th – which is a par 3 playing over a ravine to a slightly elevated green – tough, yet exhilarating golf!
The Boavista golf course has from many holes a glorious backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean with exhilarating panoramic views extending from Praia da Luz round to with the hills at Monchique creating a spectacular backdrop.
In the club house you will find an extensively stocked golf shop with equipment and clothing from all the leading brands as well as superb dining facilities and a private function room.
The course, blessed with stunning views from all sides, with the bay of Lagos to the East and the impressive back drop of the Monchique mountains to the North, is a stern test for golfers of all standards. At 6053 meters, par 71 from the championship tees, shot making and good judgment are essential to put together a score on this gently undulating course where it can be far too easy to be distracted by the views.
The stretch of holes from thirteen to sixteen is particularly attractive. From the inviting elevated thirteenth tee, you can see right over the bay of Lagos. A firm favorite with many is the sixteenth. The drive takes you from the crest of a hill where you enjoy a sweeping vista downhill to the faraway green against a backdrop of the Monchique Mountains.
Part of the enjoyment of playing Boavista is that it is always in great condition. The fairways, tees and green are well manicured without a weed in sight. The bunkers always have plenty of sand and are expertly maintained by long serving Course Superintendent, Joaquim Costa. The elevated position of the course and the sandy soil mean it’s very free draining, ideal for winter play as heavy rain runs away quickly keeping the course playable.
Boavista is certainly more than just another resort and well worth a visit.Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
tough but fair
Course was excellent tough but fair with the 6th. being the signature hole played over a ravine to two walled terraces very enjoyable.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6053m
Max Length (Ladies): 4718m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2002
Designer: Howard Swan
Golf Director: Rodrigo Ulrich
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Boavista Golf Club
- Enjoyable holiday golf course
- Quality putting surfaces
- Lots of on-site accommodation available
- Close to the town of Lagos
- Great resort facilities on-site