Situated near the ancient Roman capital of Silves, this Algarve golf gem is well worth a look. Book your tee time for a great warm up round on your ideal golf holiday in Portugal.
Silves is a serene spot at the foot of the Monchique mountain, but it is anything other than ‘a walk in the park’ – a drive at the opening hole has to flirt with water hazards on both flanks.
This course is for players – low handicaps will find it a serious challenge to come in under par – but higher handicap players (with concentration) will be able to enjoy their round!
Most holes offer spectacular mountain views overlooking palm trees and olive groves, the surrounding cork and citrus farms generate a true feeling of authentic Portuguese golf.
The Silves Clubhouse is 10 km away from the historical town of Silves with its famous Moorish castle and welcomes each golfer to an enjoyable golf game by offering a full complement of services such as:
- The Pro Shop, with well-known international golf brands.
- Club and buggy rental.
- Changing facilities.
- Restaurant and Bar, with beautiful views to the fairways of the 1st and 2nd hole.
- Full reception facilities.
- Buggy Bar.
The golf reception is open every day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the winter, and to 9 p.m. in the summer.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5615m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2006
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Stay & Play Packages always available to include Pestana Silves Golf Club.
Choice of hotel and apartment options available across the Algarve including the Pestana Vila Sol Resort, the Pestana Delfim, the Pestana Dom Joao, the Pestana Carvoeiro Resort and many more excellent Pestana Hotel options.
Pestana Silves Golf Course
- Really enjoyable course
- Spectacular holes on front-9
- Plenty of water & bunkers