Now Open – the new and highly anticipated Palmares Beach House Hotel
Play this amazing parkland/links course now – ranked 26 in Europe by Golf World Magazine! Having narrowly missed out on the Ryder Cup there’s no better time to book your green fee and play Robert Trent Jones’ Western Algarve golf course classic.
In a setting of expansive panoramic views across the Bay of Lagos, Robert Trent Jones II has fashioned Europe’s next great golf course, Palmares Ocean Living Golf.
The charge given to Robert Trent Jones II was to craft a 27-hole golf course capable of showcasing this extraordinary environment to its fullest. The result is a breath-taking golf course that provides an engaging and fascinating experience.
While the physical beauty of Palmares’ setting is prominent, the golf course itself is challenging. Robert Trent Jones II designed the golf course with the highest level of international tournament golf in mind as well as a pleasurable golf experience for members and tourists alike.
Palmares is composed of three returning nine-hole loops that can be played in any sequence. The genius in the routing is that, depending on the sequence of play, the Palmares golf experience is different. Each nine-hole loop has its own character and ambience.
The Alvor Course
Located primarily in the northern portions of the property, the Alvor Course assumes a parkland character playing through corridors lined with mature Pine trees. Elevation change is integral to the design of this nine as a majority of the golf holes ascend hillsides or descend through intimate valleys. The parkland setting disappears momentarily and the mature trees area is replaced with a series of holes that are more exposed. A momentary preview of the dunesland holes to come is also provided in the sixth and seventh holes. As the round concludes, the course ascends once again into the parkland character.
The Lagos Course
The Lagos Course begins with the same parkland character. This course incorporates the only two lakes found on the entire site in the short par 3 third hole and the long par 4 sixth hole. Holes seven and eight immerse golfers into the expansive dunes lands on the southwestern portion of the site. The round concludes ascending to the clubhouse and transitioning back yet again into a more parkland setting.
The Praia Course
The third nine at Palmares presents the golf experience every great designer dreams of having the privilege to create: a seaside dunesland exposed to the elements. The four seaside holes are bracketed by the beach and the rail line. The course opens descending from a parkland setting. Abruptly, the second hole whisks golfers into the true coast duneslands. This dunes character is carried forward through the remainder of the golf course with the closing hole, a strong uphill par 5, rising back out of the dunes through a deep valley to an amphitheatre just below the clubhouse.
What our customers say
New clubhouse needed
The courses are stunning and beautifully maintained and a wonderful experience to play. The location and views are absolutely breathtaking. The only thing that the course needs is the new clubhouse that is planned but yet to be delivered and this is the only reason what my overall rating is a 4 not a 5.
Everything was spot on
Everything was spot on
Thks for recommending it.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Ladies): 4705m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1975
Designer: Frank Pennick/Robert Trent Jones Jnr
Golf Director: Débora Andrade
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Palmares Golf Club – Special Offers
- Group Discount – reduced rates for 16+ players
- 2 round offer from only £111pp
- 3 round offer from only £153pp
- 4 round offer from only £205pp
- 5 round offer from only £231pp
- Now also available – 5 round PLUS offer inc unlimited golf & pull trolleys from only £300pp
- 1 free in 8 all year round (not applicable to buggy inclusive deals)
- Winter, Easter & Summer Specials only £72pp inc buggy
- Discounted Twilight golf rates available including buggy
- Early Bird Discounts also available (tee times before 0842)
All special rates including buggy are based on 2 players with 1 buggy.
- New Stay & Play Offers now available at the Palmares Beach House Hotel – contact us for special rates for this fabulous beach-view hotel overlooking Palmares Golf Course.
- Cascais (Lisbon) and Algarve multi-destination packages available featuring 4 nights/3 rounds at Quinta da Marinha and 3 nights/ 2 rounds at the Marina Club Lagos and Palmares GC – please ask for a full quotation
- Stay & Play Packages inc. free golf transfers available at the 4 star Tivoli Lagos Hotel and the 4 star Marina Club Lagos Resort – please contact us for a full quotation
Palmares Golf Club
- Amazing sea views
- 27-holes of quality golf
- Excellent greens
- Usually in wonderful condition
- Now with 5-star on-site hotel