(formerly Parque de Floresta GC)
Santo Antonio golf course is a unique parkland challenge in the Western Algarve. One of the leading golf resorts for unforgettable golf holidays in Portugal.
Santo Antonio Golf & Leisure Resort is set in the western Algarve, amongst rolling hills, golden beaches, timeless fishing villages and unspoilt countryside. Bordering the Costa Vicentin Nature Reserve, luxurious villas and charming village houses surround the centrepiece of the resort, an imaginatively designed, 18 hole par 71 golf course.
Recent investment has seen the manicuring and re-shaping of many original holes to meet the demands of today’s golfers. The course is now billed as one of Europe’s most picturesque.
Measuring 5,587 metres from the white tees, its varying holes run along valleys, past eucalyptus covered ravines, flanked by olive, palm and pine trees. With no two holes remotely similar, the variety and appeal is endless.
With its own golf academy, health and beauty spa, gymnasium and full range of sports and leisure activities, bars, restaurants and friendly “club like” ambience Parque da Floresta offers the best in a golf resort and its additional facilities make it an excellent ‘all round’ golf holiday destination.
- The Par 3 5th hole has a stunning elevated tee shot to a devilishly small green. It can be anything from a 6 iron to a sand wedge depending upon the wind.
- The Par 5 9th hole can be a card wrecker! A safe second shot is critical to avoid the water hazard and set up the tricky third shot to the elevated green.
- The Par 3 15th seems easy enough, an easy short iron over the picturesque lake and onto the small green. Beware the swirling winds, and take enough club!
- The Par 4 18th is a fabulous finishing hole. The line is straight over the large pine tree setting up the approach to the elevated ampitheater green where all your friends are sure to be watching. Nothing like a little pressure at the finish!
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5712m
Max Length (Ladies): 4532m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1987
Designer: Pepe Gancedo
Manager: Luis Barroso
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
- 18 hole green fees
- 1 player with buggy (1 to 4 rounds)
- 2 players with buggy (1 to 4 rounds)
- 3 players with buggy (1 to 4 rounds)
- 4 players with buggy (1 to 4 rounds)