With a four star rating, Hotel La Cala is one of the best golf hotels in Spain. It commands a central position between the golf courses. Built in a traditional Andalusian style and with 107 rooms, it has a choice of six different room categories, all of which have superb views of the golf courses. The choices range from standard twin rooms with balconies and terraces to superior rooms, deluxe rooms and junior suites.
The La Cala Spa at the resort provides guests with extensive and innovative spa facilities including beautiful interiors and stunning views. There are excellent opportunities for relaxation and pampering and a highly skilled and caring team of professionals administer a wide range of exceptional treatments. The Spa features two premier international skin-care brands, Dermalogica and Anne Semonin, satisfying the discerning and wide ranging needs and preferences for male and female guests. The spa is located inside La Cala Hotel.
La Terraza Restaurant offers fine dining with a range of dishes that reflect the local gastronomy of Andalucia as well as international influences.
Patrons can choose to dine al fresco on warmer nights, while seated beside the beautiful moonlit swimming pool. For just a quiet drink or nightcap you can relax in the Lobby Bar or enjoy Tapas at the Restaurant La Bodega.
La Cala Resort boasts three 18-hole championship courses designed by the renowned Cabell Robinson, a star pupil of the legendary Robert Trent Jones. With a four-star hotel and properties to rent, the visiting player or group need never leave the resort to enjoy a varied and thoroughly enjoyable golfing experience.
A round of golf in any of the La Cala courses (Campo America, Campo Asia and Campo Europa) is an unforgettable experience. Alright, you may lose a few balls, your temper, your friends (temporarily) or all three but one thing you won’t lose is the memory of some of the most spectacular scenery to be found in any golf course in any part of the world. Set in a nature reserve, surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean, the courses are carved amidst breathtaking scenery that will remain with you along after the final scores are tallied.
Click here for the La Cala on-course dress code for golfers
The resort is the ideal base for enjoying your holiday. Just minutes from the coast and the towns of Mijas Costa, Marbella and Fuengirola, the estate is however totally removed from the bustle and hustle associated with the attractions of the coast. It is totally private allowing you to relax in one of our luxurious refurbished hotel rooms. Where else can you be only minutes from the centre of the action yet with the advantage of being able to shut out the distractions of the outside world – should you so wish.
Whether for business or pleasure, Hotel La Cala offers excellent facilities in a privileged location.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Laundry and dry cleaning service
Shuttle bus service to Golf Academy (free)
Outdoor team building facilities
Kids club during school holidays
Junior Club in summer
Junior golf camps in summer
Floodlit tennis courts x 2
Tennis lessons available
Gymnasium inside Clubhouse
Sauna inside Clubhouse (free)
Outdoor pool, not heated (free)
Outdoor jacuzzi, not heated (free)
Outdoor kids pool, not heated (free)
Horse riding nearby
107 bedrooms all with terrace or balcony (room types: Classic Room, Superior Room, Junior Suite)
Terrace or balcony
WiFi wireless (free of charge)
Under floor heating in bathroom
Adjoining rooms for families
Spa Experience A sensory journey of the Spa Experience includes: Hydrotherapy pools with sundeck Indoor and outdoor pools in a stunning setting overlooking the La Cala Resort. These warm pools have airbeds, body and foot jets, neck massage fountains and a geyser.
Thermal Suite: Hammam, Herbal steam room, Garden Crystal Sauna Experience showers, Igloo Kneipp foot baths, Tepidarium, Relaxation room, Exercise Pool, Heated indoor exercise pool Size: 16m x 4m. maximum depth: 1.64m. Reduced entrance fee to the Exercise Pool and Spa Experience for hotel guests.
Treatment Facilities: Consultation room, 6 Therapy rooms, 1 Couple therapy suite, Tranquillity room, Rasul, Dry float, Solarium, Aquaveda Spa, Boutique, Grooming studio, Outdoor relaxation area, Spa cafe and lounge
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
La Cala Resort special offers available – contact us for special rates on our latest Stay and Play Deals at La Cala:
- 1 free place in 8 available
- Early Booking Discounts available
- Junior rates reduced
- Half Board 4 for the price of 3
- 7 – 9 night stays include 3 rounds of golf (or 4 rounds in low season)
- 6 night stays include 2 rounds of golf (or 3 rounds in low season)
- 3 – 5 night stays include 1 round of golf (or 2 rounds in low season)
- Spa Treatments included for non-golfers
- Spa Experience included in room rate (for every 2 nights stayed, 1 x 90 minute Hydrotherapy Circuit per person is included (over 16’s only))
Further Golf options:
- Buggies now included for all rounds, all year!
- 1 round
- 3 round package
- 5 round package
- Replay (same day) discounted by 40% (pre-booking only)
- 1 week unltd golf
- Junior rates – inc Free Golf for Juniors
La Cala Resort 4*
- One of Spain’s most popular resorts
- 3 great on-site golf courses
- Picturesque mountain location
- Excellent hotel services available
- Stay & Play offers available