The Royal Spanish Golf Federation has confirmed that La Cala Resort is the biggest golf complex in Spain. La Cala has three 18-hole championship courses and a top quality 6-hole par 3 course, making it the largest golf resort in Spain. The resort is highly regarded for the quality of the golf courses and sports facilities including the only David Leadbetter Golf Academy in Spain.
Hosting the Q-school for the Ladies European tour in November 2005 and 2006 as well as the Spanish Pairs Professional Championship in 2007 has proved that La Cala Golf Resort is highly regarded internationally.
It is also worth mentioning that La Cala Resort got a Guinness World Record in 2007 by hosting the largest one day golf competition with 614 players.
The three 18-hole championship courses all offer a different challenge, Campo America (formerly the North Course) is longer than the tighter Campo Asia (formerly the South Course). The fairways of Campo Europa are generous from the tees and the greens are slightly larger than on the existing courses.
All three courses have been designed by Cabell B. Robinson.
Campo Asia, formerly the South Course, is pretty spectacular. With plenty of challenging holes along the way, you are guaranteed a testing round of golf.
Water guards both greens at the 3rd and the 14th and in terms of a test of golf course strategy, the 18th couldn’t be much better. Just remember not to over-club off the tee or this lengthy par 5 could well wreck your scorecard.
This is an exciting course which puts a premium on the approach shot.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5925m
Max Length (Ladies): 4467m
Slope (Men): 137
Slope (Ladies): 118
Year Opened: 1989
Designer: Cabell B. Robinson
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Other Offers at La Cala Golf Club:
- Buggies always included
- 2 round pass
- 3 round pass
- La Cala Asia reduced rates for playing without buggy included (i.e. walking)
- Play with Amigos (4 players all teeing off at the same time)
- Season Ticket 7 day unlimited golf pass
- Replay Offer (additional 18 holes on same day)
- 1 free in 8 applies (except Plat with Amigos and Pro Offers)
- Twilight rates available all year round
Stay and Play Offers always available at the on-site 5 star La Cala Golf Hotel & Spa
La Cala Golf Club - Campo Asia
- Shortest course on the resort
- Buggies always included
- More water than the other 2 courses
- 2 other on-site a Cala GC courses
- 5 star la Cala resort hotel on-site