HOST COURSE – AROEIRA GOLF TROPHY
Set in a pine wood with several lakes, and benefiting from a microclimate that allows you to play golf all year round, the AROEIRA Pines Classic and Aroeira Challenge golf courses offer players of all levels a stimulating and varied challenge.
This 18-hole course was designed by architect Frank Pennink and opened in 1973. Experts opinion rates it as one of the best in Europe and it hosted the Portuguese Open in 1996 and 1997 and a number of Ladies Opens.
Only 30 minutes from Lisbon city centre, with an extremely mild micro-climate allowing golf to be played all year round, the Aroeira Country Club has 2 x 18-hole championship courses.
Aroeira is considered by many golfing experts as one of the best golf complexes in Europe.
Aroeira Pines Classic was designed by Frank Pennick, one of the most famous course architects, and his work here resulted in a real master-piece. Aroeira Pines Classic sympathetically combines the requirements of championship golf with harmony with the natural environment. Therefore, players can feel the calming effect of playing in a wonderful natural park.
At 6044 meters from the championship tees, each hole was designed with both difficulty and and playability in mind. The courses are all sown with Tifton 419 a famous hybrid grass brought from the USA, which offers a fabulous “carpet” making Aroeira known as as the “Wentworth of Lisbon”.
Why not play here at Aroeira Golf Club and stay at the on-site Aroeira Lisbon Hotel- Sea & Golf Resort?Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6044m
Max Length (Ladies): 5186m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1972
Designer: Frank Pennink
Manager: Alexandra Goncalves
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Unlimited golf at Aroeira Pines Classic & Challenge courses with Aroeira Apartment bookings
Turim AV Liberdade
Hotel Fenix Lisboa
Hotel Costa Caparica
Hotel Sana Sesimbra
Sesimbra Hotel & Spa
Tryp Lisboa Caparica Mar
Aroeira Pines Classic
- One of Lisbon’s finest courses
- Pine trees line the fairways
- Quality putting surfaces
- Peaceful environment
- New on-site golf hotel