HOST COURSE – AROEIRA GOLF TROPHY
Set in a pine wood with several lakes, and benefiting from a microclimate that allows you to play golf all year round, the Aroeira Pines Classic and Aroeira Challenge golf courses offer players of all levels a stimulating and varied challenge.
Aroeira II was built to European Tour recommended standards in order that it can host major international golf events.
Aroeira’s second 18-hole golf course, Aroeira Challenge was opened in April 2000. Its architect, Donald Steel, took care to comply with European Tour recommendations and designed a course with future Portuguese Opens in mind. Its 18 long holes wind round 5 lakes and the various tees for each hole mean it can be played by players of all levels. For a number of years it has hosted the Qualifying School of Ladies European Tour and several Portuguese Ladies Opens.
One of the course’s characteristics is its 5 tees per hole, making it suitable for all levels of players.
Why not play here at Aroeira Golf Club and stay at the on-site Aroeira Lisbon Hotel Sea & Golf Resort?Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6367m
Max Length (Ladies): 4805m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2000
Designer: Donald Steel
Manager: Alexandra Goncalves
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Tryp Lisboa Caparica Mar
Aroeira Challenge Golf Club
- Donald Steel design
- 5 lakes in play
- Enjoyable for all golfers
- Large driving range
- New on-site golf hotel