Just you and the golf course! The Perfect Partnership!
On par with the best in Europe, in terms of layout, environmental features, design and being the creation of the two golf architects Michael King and Peter Townsend, from European Golf Design, an associate of the PGA European Tour, golf occupies only one third of the total area of the Herdade da Vargem Fresca.
There are two golf courses, Ribagolfe Lakes and Ribagolfe Oaks, both par 72 with 18 holes. There is also a vast practice area in addition to the driving range, including chipping and putting greens, practice bunkers and a fully equipped Clubhouse with a proshop and restaurant services.
The courses stimulate all five senses, where the natural elements, as part of the game, provide new challenges for the more discerning golfer. Ribagolfe is on the list of candidates to host national and European competitions.
After your round of golf, enjoy the comfort and tranquillity of the Clubhouse. There you can try some of the region’s culinary specialities.
Imagine a day spent at the Herdade da Vargem Fresca and count on us to make your dream come true.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
- Par: 72
- Max Length (Men): 6214m
- Max Length (Ladies): n/a
- Slope (Men): n/a
- Slope (Ladies): n/a
- Year Opened:
- Designer: Michael King (European Golf Design)
- Manager: n/a
- Pro: n/a
- Golf Director: José Maria Cazal-Ribeiro
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
GREAT VALUE – Orizonte Stay & Play Packages!
- Stay & Play Orizonte Golf Packages available at a range of excellent Lisbon region hotels with 7 night, 5 green fee and 4 night, 3 green fee options – just ask for your full quotation:
- Turim AV Liberdade
- Hotel Fenix Lisboa
- Hotel Costa Caparica
- Hotel Sana Sesimbra
- Sesimbra Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Alfoz
- Tryp Lisboa Caparica Mar
1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 round options at all Orizonte Golf Courses (Aroeira Pines Classic & Challenge, Quinta do Peru, Ribagolfe Lakes & Oaks, Santo Estevao) plus options available to include 2 hours on the driving range each day with unlimited range balls. Plus the exceptional value Orizonte Golf Passport is available for 3 & 5 round deals over the full range of excellent golf courses in the group from only £42pp per round.
Riba Golf Oaks
- Peaceful countryside location
- An enjoyable course
- Maybe less challenging than Riba Lakes
- Friendly welcome
- Great clubhouse atmosphere at weekends