Salobre Golf in Gran Canaria is very typical of the new style of golf course that has become common around Europe in recent years.
Typified by large multi-tiered greens, variable teeing areas for players of all standards and wide fairways with forgiving run-off areas the golf courses here at Salobre Golf will be an enjoyable challenge for all holiday golfers in Gran Canaria.
Located in the hills inland from the coastal tourist “strip” at Maspalomas and Meloneras, the resort – which features the 2 Salobre Golf courses North & South, plus the 5 star Salobre Hotel Resort and Serenity – occupies a wonderful location with both sea and mountain views from many of the holes on the 2 courses.
Designer Ron Kirby has used the location to its very best potential, carving out secluded holes running up and down the many small valleys that score through the terrain in this area. Similar in many ways to the superb layout at Monte Rei in the Eastern Algarve so expertly designed by Jack Nicklaus, the terrain at Salobre Golf has been utilised to its best to provide golfers with a great golfing experience here in Gran Canaria.
Definitely a pair of golf courses that require a buggy for all but the fittest (or foolhardy) golfers, the specific challenge of these courses is to negotiate the elevation changes as effectively as possible and then to putt well on the excellent quality greens to hopefully result in a good score!
Be warned though that on warm days when the hot wind from Morocco is blowing the golf courses at Salobre can – due to their slightly inland location – be significantly warmer than those down on the coast with temperatures of 40+ degrees and no wind on the course the last time we played here. Take plenty of water!Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6112m
Max Length (Ladies): 5016m
Slope (Men): 121
Slope (Ladies): 117
Year Opened: 2000
Designer: Roland Favre
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
2 and 4 round plus 6 days unlimited golf offers available all year around at Salobre Golf Club, Gran Canaria – please contact us for full details and your bespoke quotation!
Reduced green fee rates available at all Gran Canaria golf courses all year around – please contact us for full details and your bespoke quotation!
Salobre Golf Sur (Old Course), Gran Canaria
- Spectacular golf course
- Built in the volcanic landscape
- High quality greens
- Excellent practice facilities
- Part of Gran Canaria Golf Pass!