If you haven’t played here at Anfi Tauro Golf before be prepared for a unique golfing experience in the South of Gran Canaria close to the resorts of Amadores and Puerto Rico!
The island of Gran Canaria – along with the other Canary Islands – was born out of volcanic activity, and it seems as though a major seismic event has taken place here at Anfi Tauro Golf to carve this spectacular golf course out of the unforgiving terrain.
Millions of tonnes of rock were shifted to accommodate the greens, tees and fairways of the Anfi Tauro golf course with some of the holes clearly being located in places where previously they would have been hundreds of feet underground. Earth moving must have been easy and cheap back in the early 2000’s!
The result of all this rock shifting is a uniquely challenging golf course featuring a front nine that meanders through the lower areas of the estate closer to the coast before climbing high into the hills and valleys of the inland area where the back nine becomes an unforgiving, yet spectacular golfing journey.
The greens are of a very high standard with rolling slopes, swales and valleys making 3-putts a pretty frequent event for most higher handicap players, but the ball does roll truly so a well-struck putt will generally be rewarded as it should be.
Good bunker play is equally well rewarded with imported, soft golden sand in all the large bunkers around the greens giving a consistent sand-play experience.
This is definitely a course where buggies are absolutely recommended for all but the fittest players, with the clubhouse and proshop also being located someway from the first tee and 18th green.
Apartments are available on site for a stay and play break here at Anfi Tauro, but our recommended accommodation options are located either to the North in the main resort areas around Maspalomas and Meloneras or in Mogan which is a charming harbour town close to the golf course here.Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6526m
Max Length (Ladies): 5532m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2006
Designers: von Hagge, Smelek and Baril
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Single and Multi round reduced rate golf packages available at any of the Gran Canaria Golf Courses
Play any of the Gran Canaria golf courses from 01/05/21 – 30/09/21 for these exclusive reduced rates!
- 4 round Gran Canaria Golf Pass available – only £234pp
- 5 round Gran Canaria Golf Pass available – only £265pp
Play any 4 or 5 of the Gran Canaria golf courses from 01/10/21 – 30/04/22 for these exclusive reduced rates!
- 4 round Gran Canaria Golf Pass available – only £397pp
- 5 round Gran Canaria Golf Pass available – only £479pp
Reduced green fee rates available at all Gran Canaria golf courses all year around – please contact us for full details and your bespoke quotation!
Anfi Tauro Golf, Gran Canaria
- Spectacular design in South Gran Canaria
- Elevated tees on many holes
- High quality greens
- Buggy is recommended!
- Part of Gran Canaria Golf Pass!