The Lopesan group of companies in conjunction with designer Ron Kirby developed the Meloneras championship golf course to complement the resort of Meloneras nearby, providing holidaying golfers with a great opportunity to play an excellent golf course here in the South of Gran Canaria.
The golf course has 4 tees per hole with wide forgiving fairways and superb USGA standard greens to finish things off on each hole in style.
The front nine is a decent enough layout with mountain views, but it is on the back nine that the seaside location really comes into play with a number of holes running alongside the water with spectacular views down to the beaches and rocks below.
Whilst not the most challenging of courses – certainly not as tricky as Anfi Tauro or the Salobre courses nearby – a round or 2 at Meloneras will provide an enjoyable golfing day out if you are in this area for your golf break.
The best value way to do this is to stay with us at one of the Lopesan Hotels in Meloneras nearby on a Stay and Play package because admittedly the green fees are a little steep for non-residents as they are usually the highest on the island unfortunately!
For those wishing to improve their golf whilst here in Gran Canaria, the course also features an on-site David Leadbetter golf academy which is suitable to assist with the games of all players!Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5953m
Max Length (Ladies): 4497m
Slope (Men): 131
Slope (Ladies): 126
Year Opened: 2006
Designer: Ron Kirby
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Lopesan Meloneras Golf always offers up to 36 holes for the price of 18 (played on the same day) in the summer season (May – September) with junior, sunrise, twilight and 4 & 6 round packages available, plus reduced rates for groups
Reduced green fee rates available at all Gran Canaria golf courses all year around – please contact us for full details and your bespoke quotation!
Lopesan Meloneras Golf, Gran Canaria
- Excellent seaside golf course
- Close to the Meloneras resort area
- Quality putting surfaces
- Plenty of good hotels nearby
- Part of Gran Canaria Golf Pass!