The parkland course at Lisbon Sports Club, opened in 1964, is one of the Lisbon area’s oldest and original golf courses and offers an 18 hole layout designed by Hawtree & Sons.
It is located in one of the most picturesque areas of the greater Lisbon area and is a mere 20 minutes from the capital itself and is also close to the historic villages of Sintra and Cascais.
To this day, Lisbon Sports Club maintains its links with the British Community that founded the club in 1922. The spirit of a club atmosphere is something that the club prides itself on and they strive to maintain and they are very proud of the fact that their doors are always open to those who wish to play golf on one of the oldest courses in Portugal.
The club and course is unrivalled in the fact that there has been no real estate development on the course which gives the golfer the unique opportunity of being able to play golf in a natural habitat and in unspoiled, picturesque surroundings.
Lisbon Sports Club is located a mere 20 minute drive away from Lisbon’s International Airport, which allows you a round of golf before leaving for the airport or on arrival. In fact in conjunction with the special offers also available at Belas Clube de Campo nearby free airport/golf transfer options are available in order that you can combine a round of golf with your journey either from or back to Lisbon Airport at a great rate. This is ideal if you are staying in Cascais.
One of Lisbon Sports Club’s best features is a wonderful on-site micro brewery that offers a range of excellent craft beers exclsuively for sale in the clubhouse; what a great way to unwind after a round on the excellent parkland course!Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5309m
Max Length (Ladies): 5029m
Slope (Men): 120
Slope (Ladies): 130
Year Opened: 1964
Designer: Hawtree & Sons
Pro: André Serra Carvalho
Golf Director: Miguel Lourenço
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Reduced rates always available at Lisbon Sports Club
2 round package with Belas Clube de Campo and Lisbon Sports Club (either played on the same day or 2 different days)
2 round package plus transfers with Belas Clube de Campo and Lisbon Sports Club (groups of min 4 players only with or without transfers from Cascais/Estoril/Sintra hotels or Lisbon Airport, Transfer both ways between the “Player’s hotel/golf course”, “Airport/Golf Course/Players Hotel” or “Players Hotel/Golf Course/Airport” on both days)
Lisbon Sports Club
- One of Lisbon’s oldest courses
- Tricky layout, tight in places
- Free transfers available
- Quality greens and fairways
- Packages with Belas GC