Ranked in the top 30 Courses in Continental Europe, The Penha Longa Golf Club designed by the famed Robert Trent Jones Jnr, is escapist golf at its best.
With its bold drives, courageous approaches and artful greens, it is both an adrenaline rush and a soothing journey through one of Portugal’s most inspiring landscapes.
The opening holes and the final flourish share a wooded vale in the shadow of the rocky mountains, while others arc and plunge over scented hillsides. Exciting at every turn, this championship test and host to the Portuguese Open, is a master of variety and thrills.
Plus with the only Ritz-Carlton hotel in Portugal – the 5 star Penha Longa Resort – onsite, the Penha Longa experience is a fabulous option for a truly luxurious golf break in the Lisbon area.
The golf offering at Penha Longa was re-worked recently and the new courses are named as follows:
- Atlantic Championship 18 hls (old Atlantic 1-18
- Atlantic South 18 hls (1-9 Monastery + 9-18 Old Atlantic)
- Atlantic North 18 hls (1-9 Monastery + 1-9 Old Atlantic)
- Atlantic South & North 9 hls = ‘New’ Atlantic 19-27 (1-9 Monastery)
There is a shuttle service available that will either bring you to tee 10 if you play the Atlantic South course or will pick you up at green 9 if you are playing the Atlantic North course.
The Atlantic Championship Course is an 18-hole, par 72, championship course of 6,290 meters, offering a challenging course with breathtaking views over the ocean with Estoril and Cascais to the South and the Sintra hills to the North. Penha Longa’s Atlantic golf course has played host to numerous competitions including the Portuguese Open.
The Atlantic South/North 9 hole course is a par 35 course of 2,588 meters. This course spreads around the historical heart of the resort and is the perfect complement to the main 18 hole loop, ideal for guests who arrive in the late afternoon but who would still like to play a round of golf.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
Excellent undulating course layout, good greens, fairways need some investment-inconsistent and lacking growth.
Poor-quality pull trolleys.
Beautiful course-excellent clubhouse
Beautiful course-excellent clubhouse – great layout- beautiful views– on course water-lousy expensive electric trollies
Very, very wet!
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5944m
Max Length (Ladies): 5092m
Year Opened: 1992
Designer: Robert Trent Jones Jnr
Manager: Nuno Sepulveda
Pro: Antonio Dantas, Robert Judd
Golf Director: Eduardo Silva
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
- 2, 3 & 4 day golf packages available from only £32pp per round
- 9, 18 & 36 hole adult and junior rates on Atlantic Championship course
- 9 & 18 hole adult and junior rates on North & South courses
- Plus buggy inclusive rates from only £63pp
- Stay & Play offers available at the Penha Longa Resort
Cascais and Estoril Golf Passport 2020/21
Choose 3, 4 or 5 of the following 6 golf courses in the Cascais/Estoril area to the West of Lisbon and enjoy your golf at the best available prices:
- Belas Golf
- Estoril Golf
- Lisbon Sports Club
- Penha Longa – Atlantic course
- Pestana Beloura Golf
- Quinta da Marinha Golf
Low Season: 16 November 2020 to 28 February 2021/July & August 2021
- 3 rounds only £163pp
- 4 rounds only £205pp
- 5 rounds only £244pp
High Season: 1 to 15 November 2020/1 March to 30 June 2021/1 September to 31 October 2021
- 3 rounds only £201pp
- 4 rounds only £255pp
- 5 rounds only £306pp
1 free in 8 available in low season
The Golf passport is valid on weekdays (weekends and bank holidays only on request).
The Golfer may play each course once only.
Starting times should be prebooked.
Players must have an handicap (Ladies 36/Men 28) and they may be asked to produce a valid certificate as proof.
Golf Passport will be delivered to the client upon arrival.
Penha Longa Golf Club
- 27 holes of quality golf
- Challenging championship layout
- Historic monastery & aqueducts
- Picturesque location
- Great Ritz Carlton hotel on-site