The Belas golf course, designed by the renowned American architect Rocky Roquemore, was envisaged as a permanent green area for residents and golfers a meeting point with nature and people.
A mere 20 minute drive from Marques de Pombal in central Lisbon, and with excellent access to Lisbon’s main motorways and main roads making this course one of the most accessible in Portugal and with easy access for visitors.
Special treatment was given to its surrounding environment, leading to the creation of an Environmental Management System certified according to the ISO Norm 14001, extended to the ISO Norm 9001 of Quality Management and Environment. This strategy awarded Belas Clube de Campo Golf with the ISO flag, the first golf course in Europe to receive this honour.
The Golf School at Belas Clube de Campo is a must. Having attracted hundreds of new players, it employs two professionals, the Englishman, Keith Barrett, who has been at Belas for several years, and his assistant Marco Rios.
Belas Clube de Campo also has an associate club, the Belas Golf Club, which has competed in the main national tournaments since 2001.
It hosts several renowned competitions each year including the exclusive event, The Jorge Sampaio Cup, a competition in honour of the former Portuguese President for his contribution in favour of tourism and the development of the sport.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6380m
Max Length (Ladies): 4995m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1997/98
Designer: William “Rocky” Roquemore
Pro: Keith Barrett
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
18 hole (full day of golf) and Golf & Buggy Offers available all year round
Twilight & 9 hole green fee rates also available
2 round package with Belas Clube de Campo and Lisbon Sports Club (either played on the same day or 2 different days)
Golf plus transfers with Belas Clube de Campo and Lisbon Sports Club (groups of min 4 players only with or without transfers from Cascais/Estoril/Sintra hotels or Lisbon Airport, Transfer both ways between the “Player’s hotel/golf course”, “Airport/Golf Course/Players Hotel” or “Players Hotel/Golf Course/Airport” on both days)
Belas Clube de Campo
- Excellent layout
- Great academy on-site
- Golf resort hotel is planned
- Close to Lisbon city
- Packages with Lisbon Sports Club