Although not as well known as many of the golf courses on the neighbouring island of Tenerife, the golf course at Tecina Golf Club in La Gomera has been a host venue for the European Challenge Tour event – the Fred Olsen Challenge of Spain – every year since 2009; so, the pedigree of this unique and picturesque course is in no doubt.
The Tecina Golf course starts its journey through the garden-like environment high on the hillside above the Hotel Jardin Tecina and the first tee is at the end of a long climb in your buggy at the top of the hill. Commanding spectacular views over the Atlantic waters between Tenerife and La Gomera the course has a fantastic outlook towards the glowering presence of the Teide volcano on the neighbouring island of Tenerife.
Everything is downhill thereafter from the first tee to the eighteenth green as the golf course winds its way down and across the natural slopes from tees to the consistently excellent greens on each hole. The golf course is not the most challenging or difficult with generous fairways and run-off areas alongside and behind the greens, so provides a welcoming, well-maintained enjoyable round for players of all levels and handicaps.
In our opinion the 10th and 12th holes are the best on the course with a great combination of some technical difficulty and the fantastic sea views over the verdant fairways and palm tree backdrops to the golf course.
The on-site Hotel Jardin Tecina offers great value stay & play options if you wish to spend a few days on the wonderful island of La Gomera in combination with golf at Tecina Golf.La Gomera, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Year opened: 2003
Course designer: Donald Steel
Number of holes: 18
Max length (men): 6343m
Max length ladies: 5361m
Manager: Primos Pusnik
Handicap limit: 36 (for men and ladies)
Playing time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Average temperature all year: 23c approx.
Practice Tee: Yes
Chipping Green with Bunkers: Yes
Putting Green: Yes
Golf School – PGA Professional (individual or groups classes): Yes
Transfer from the Clubhouse/Hotel to the 1st tee: Yes
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
GREAT VALUE STAY AND PLAY PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE SUPERB ON-SITE HOTEL JARDIN TECINA
18 holes, 3 & 5 round green fee only packages also available at all times for non-residents
Why not take a day trip from Tenerife to La Gomera to play at the wonderful Tecina Golf Club including ferry crossings as foot passengers with a taxi from the port to the golf course or with your rental car?
Tecina Golf, La Gomera
- One of the most beautiful courses anywhere!
- Unusual hillside layout
- Amazing views to Tenerife
- Excellent quality course
- 4 star hotel on-site