Located in an area of Southern Tenerife that will be very familiar to many holidaying golfers, Las Americas Golf, Tenerife is a rightly popular course to include on your Canary Islands golf holiday itinerary.
With a modern, spacious clubhouse overlooking the 18th green and first tee Las Americas is a well managed club that offers a high level of service before, during and after your round of golf.
The course itself is generally in good condition and considering how busy it can be – especially at weekends in high season – the greens were of a superb standard during our recent inspection visit. Although the pace of play can be slower than usual during busy periods due to the tight nature of the design in places where some delays on tees and greens is inevitable, the golf course here at Las Americas Tenerife is still an interesting and enjoyable challenge if you are in the area.
The second portion of the front 9 is especially interesting and challenging from the 4th hole onwards where the course runs past Hotel Las Madrigueras up into the floral hills beyond.
Water is a common feature on the golf course as it comes into play on at least 8 holes, so correct ball placement is important on the fairways as a mis-hit or poorly executed tee shot can easily find water in many areas of the golf course.
Hotel Las Madrigueras is incidentally a top class 5 star hotel offering guests a wonderful service throughout your stay there, and one special feature of this establishment is the underground buggy garage with GPS enabled buggies available for all residents to proceed onto Las Americas GC through the private access gateway onto the golf course close to the 4th tee!
However if a high-end 5 star hotel is not in your plans then the location of Golf Las Americas very close to the centre of the resort of Playa de las Americas offers a wide choice of different accommodation options that we can offer for your golf holiday in Tenerife.
A round or two at Las Americas Golf is highly recommended!
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6051m
Max Length (Ladies): 5026m
Slope (Men): 127
Slope (Ladies): 126
Year Opened: 1998
Designer: John Jacobs & Associates
Manager: Joan Piferrer
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Luxury 5 star Stay and Play Offers always available at the Hotel las Madrigueras including golf with buggies at Las Americas more details….
Las Americas Golf Club, Tenerife
- 5* Hotel and Spa onsite
- 18 Holes + buggy + lunch offers
- 10 Minutes from Tenerife airport
- Perfect winter getaway