The golf course at Buenavista Golf Club in the far North West of the Canarian island of Tenerife is certainly well worth the effort it takes to travel there!
Accessible from both the North & South airports of Tenerife the journey to Buenavista takes in many of the spectacular landscapes of this wonderful island.
Golf in this region is blessed by a wonderful year round climate with an average temperature of 22 degrees, with the summer heat tempered by the steady sea breezes that give this area of Tenerife its own micro climate – suited especially to those who wish to play golf.
Designed by the Spanish golfing legend Seve Ballesteros the Buenavista Golf Course follows a classic Seve layout of 6 x par 3’s, 6 x par 4’s and 6 x par 5’s and this is skilfully laid out over a wonderful piece of seaside golfing land running down to the sparkling waters of the Atlantic.
The front 9 holes offer a picturesque introduction to your round with a number of tricky holes towards the end of the first loop, but it is on the back 9 that the location really comes to the fore with the 13th, 15th, 16th & 17th holes in particular being the most memorable on the golf course in our opinion.
If your scorecard has already gone in the bin by this time then the splendid sea views from the back 9 here at Buenavista are sure to help ease the painful memory of what has gone before!
Indeed, however you play on the day – good, bad or indifferent – you are sure to walk from the 18th with a memory of a great golf course in a wonderful location dreamed up by one of the world’s foremost players, and taking a drink after your round in the modern clubhouse with elevated views over the course to the ocean is a fitting end to a top class golf course here in Tenerife.
Great value, adults-only Stay and Play packages are always available at the on-site 5 star Melia Hacienda del Conde Hotel.Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6019m
Max Length (Ladies): 4932m
Slope (Men): 127
Slope (Ladies): 119
Year Opened: 2003
Designer: Severiano Ballesteros
Manager: Alberto Gonzalez Perez
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Discounted green fees always available
Stay & Play Offers always available at the on-site Melia Hacienda del Conde Hotel (adults only)
Buenavista Golf Club, Tenerife
- Spectacular views
- 5 star Hotel onsite
- Great for teaching groups
- Unlimited residents golf