Seve Ballesteros, designer of the golf course at Royal Obidos Spa & Golf Resort, promises golfers and investors “a great and wonderful place” here on Portugal’s Silver Coast. The course layout spanning 6400m (7100+ yards), represents a true test of golf for players of all levels.
The first hole, a difficult right handed dogleg, heads north, setting up a spectacular combination of holes overlooking the lagoon (Lagoa de Obidos). The feature hole of the front nine is the 5th, an exciting 520m par 5, with a final approach into a large undulating green surrounded on three sides by water.
The second nine holes lie in the central and southern section of the development. Six of the holes meander between an intricate ecosystem of lakes interconnected by cascading streams. The highlight of the back nine is the 12th, a 420m par 4, where the golfer has to negotiate both the drive and the second shot between and over two lakes and the curving stream.
The clubhouse, sumptuously appointed with restaurant, spike bar and pro shop, is ideally located and overlooks no fewer than 9 of the 18 holes. Sitting out on the generous terrace, owners and visitors to Royal Obidos will enjoy spectacular views of the golf course and the cascading lakes and streams, with the Atlantic Ocean “and some truly wonderful sunsets” in the background. Why not play here at Royal Obidos Golf Club and stay at the on-site Evolutee Hotel at Royal Obidos Golf Resort?Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6692m
Max Length (Ladies): 5024m
Slope (Men): 132
Slope (Ladies): 128
Year Opened: 2012
Designer: Seve Ballesteros
Manager: Eduardo Johnston da Silva
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
2 TO 5 DAY 18 HOLE AND UNLIMITED GOLF PACKS AVAILABLE
Extra 9 holes free of charge for every 18 hole booking available free of charge on the same day, bookable locally and subject to availability.
- 18 holes from £44pp
- 1 day unlimited golf pass from £72pp
- 2 day unlimited golf pass from £102pp
- 2 round pass from £78pp
- 3 day unlimited golf pass from £145pp
- 3 round pass from £111pp
- 4 day unlimited golf pass from £182pp
- 4 round pass from £139pp
- 5 day unlimited golf pass from £213pp
- 5 round pass from £163pp
Also available are luxury Stay and Play golf packages at the on-site 5 star Evolutee Hotel – designed by Phillipe Starck (Contact us for full details of pricing and accommodation packages).
Free Driving Range applicable when 3 or more golf rounds are booked at Royal Óbidos, the Driving Range service is for 2 hours per golf day booked at Royal Óbidos with unlimited balls.
Royal Obidos Golf Club
- A classic Seve design
- 6 par-3 holes
- 6 par-4 holes
- 6 par-5 holes
- On-site 5 star hotel