Praia d’el Rey golf course is a stunning championship links. In combination with the many accommodation options at the on-site Marriott Praia d’el Rey Resort, this is one of the finest venues for golf holidays in Portugal.
Praia D’El Rey is arguably one of the most stunning golf courses in Europe. It’s set among extensive pine forests and undulating dunes, with spectacular views over the Atlantic and the Berlenga Islands beyond.
Located on the Lisbon golf coast, Praia D’El Rey is rated amongst the top golf courses in Europe by Golf World Magazine and is one of the major golfing destinations for both private and sponsored events.
The golf course was designed by the renowned American golf architect, Cabell B. Robinson and was inaugurated on 14th June 1997. Deep bunkers, sloping greens and sandy dunes contrast sharply with the lush fairways making it the complete golfing challenge.
Praia D’El Rey has hosted in recent years the Praia d’El Rey European Cup, BMW Cup – European Amateur Qualifying Event, Portugal International Amateur, International Final – Mercedes Trophy.
Praia D’El Rey is a mixture of seaside links and parkland holes with a par of 73, offering the golfer a unique experience during their round. Players are required to have a valid golf handicap certificate. Minimum handicap requirements are men 36, ladies 36.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
One of the nicest courses I've played....
One of the nicest courses I’ve played….
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6405m
Max Length (Ladies): 4783m
Slope (Men): 129
Slope (Ladies): 118
Year Opened: 1997
Designer: Cabell B. Robinson
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
9 extra holes available free of charge on the same day as any 18 hole booking
1 free player in 8
Reduced rates for golf buggies (recommended)
Please ask for more details and a full quotation.
Stay & Play Packages available all year round – including golf at Praia del Rey, West Cliffs Golf Links, Royal Obidos and Bom Sucesso.
Praia del Rey Golf Club
- Clifftop layout
- Great sea views from most holes
- Next door to Royal Obidos GC
- On-site 5 star hotel
- Plenty of other on-site accommodation