Golf is probably Real Golf La Manga Club’s most famous attraction and the 3 championship golf courses here are among the very best in Europe and have all hosted many professional and amateur tournaments over the years. The main benefit of having the 3 courses is that the maintenance of all 3 is excellent as it allows the management to close each course entirely for extended periods to allow for the best quality work to take place with extended periods of recovery as required.
The Real Golf La Manga Club South course is a real challenge and its pedigree is with question having hosted several editions of the Spanish Open over the years.
The South course of Real Golf La Manga Club features wide fairways, huge undulating greens with the highest quality putting surfaces and plenty of strategically placed water hazards (water features on 15 of the 18 holes on the South course), which added to the 6500 metre length from the championship tees makes it a true golfing challenge for players of all handicaps.
With some of the holes closest to the hotel also featuring the yawning chasms of the barrancos synonymous with the area to deal with sudden flash flooding on the rare occasions that rain does fall, yet another type of hazard is in play – although it is possible to chip out of some of these channels if your ball does roll over the edge!
Real Golf La Manga Club is definitely a must-play if you are in this corner of south-eastern Spain and should always be included on a golf holiday in Murcia.Murcia, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6499m
Max Length (Ladies): 5139m
Slope (Men): 138
Slope (Ladies): 129
Year Opened: 1971
Designer: Robert Putman & Arnold Palmer
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Non-resident green fee deals also available for all 3 of the Real Club La Manga golf courses – contact us for your quotation for golf-only at this superb 3 course complex!
Real Golf La Manga Club South Course
- One of three onsite courses
- Great for Golf and Spa packages
- Hotel or apartments available
- Walkable course
- Great practice facilities