Golf is probably Real Golf La Manga Club’s most famous attraction and the 3 championship golf courses here are among the very best in Europe and have all hosted many professional and amateur tournaments over the years. With the 3 courses, the maintenance of all 3 is excellent as it allows the management to close each course entirely for extended periods to allow for the best quality work to take place with extended periods of recovery as required.
The Real Golf La Manga Club West course is the newest of the 3 golf courses here at this famous Murcia golf resort and many visiting golfers believe it is the best of the 3 courses.
Its history is quite varied having begun life as a Dave Thomas designed 9-hole layout in the 1980’s and named Atamaría after the nearby village. That moniker did not last too long as it was soon renamed La Princessa.
In 1991 Dave Thomas was recalled to design a second 9-hole course immediately adjacent to La Princessa.
Once the full 18 holes were in play they were still known by different names (Las Sabinas and La Princessa) but eventually the owners saw sense and combined the 2-nines bringing the 18-hole Real Golf La Manga Club West course into existence.
The Real Golf La Manga Club West Course is a short distance from the main part of the resort and you’ll need to jump on the resort shuttle bus to be whisked up to the West course’s small clubhouse, which is tucked away in the hills a couple of kilometres to the west of the main resort complex.
The Real Golf La Manga Club West course is pretty challenging with large elevation changes, tight sloping fairways and many barrancas, particularly on the front nine.
The back nine is more open and is set dramatically in the hills. It reaches its climax at the 18th tee which is perched high on the hillside from where the panoramic views across the resort to the sea beyond are simply sensational.
The wide final fairway is set a hundred metres or so below the tee, so hopefully by now you have got your driver firing to allow you to enjoy a long high drive down to the fairway below. Perhaps the most exciting tee shot in Spanish golf…?!Murcia, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5714m
Max Length (Ladies): 4724m
Slope (Men): 140
Slope (Ladies): 135
Year Opened: 1980’s
Designer: Dave Thomas
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Non-resident green fee deals also available for all 3 of the Real Club La Manga golf courses – contact us for your quotation for golf-only at this superb 3 course complex!
Real Golf La Manga Club West Course
- One of three onsite courses