One of Spain’s oldest courses, The Royal Golf Club of Tenerife was founded in 1932 and its profound history attracts not only plenty of visitors from outside Spain but also many residents from the mainland.
Real Club de Golf de Tenerife has been host to several Spanish Professional tournaments which has included victories from Seve Ballesteros and Miguel Angel Jimenez over the years.
15 minutes from Santa Cruz, Real Club de Golf de Tenerife offers guests the chance to stay in the local town and take a short taxi to the course each morning, alternatively the easy 1-hour drive from Southern Tenerife makes for an enjoyable day out.
The par 70 course offers golfers the chance to find their game over the first 9 holes with a few narrow fairways to master off the tee.
The climb up the 10th makes the back 9 slightly longer with several water hazards and canyons to contend with. However, don’t let the difficulties of the back 9 put you off from the magnificent views of Mount Teide.
A real members Golf Club offers a warm welcome to all visitors, and unlike many Royal Clubs offers the same rates during the weekend as the rest of the week.Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (men): 5740m
Max Length (ladies): 3950m
Year opened: 1932
Designer: Andrés Alberto, Antonio Lucena, Joaquín Laynez and Aurelio Yanes
Manager: D. Vidal Carralero Ceva
Professionals: Borja Sopranis, Juan Carlos Cologan, Álvaro Bañares, Eduardo González, Severo López, José Miguel Hernández, Juan Olmedo
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Offers always available at Real Club de Tenerife
- 18 holes (including free range balls before play) from £52pp
- 2 players plus buggy from only £60pp
- 2 players plus buggy and lunch from only £73pp
Real Club de Golf de Tenerife
- Royal Club of Tenerife
- Exclusive members club
- Visitors welcome 7 days a week
- Fairly hilly but walkable course
- 2nd Oldest course in Spain