Of all the golf courses in the southern part of Tenerife, Golf del Sur is one of our personal favourites.
Featuring a really interesting design and layout using the local volcanic landscape to its full potential, the Golf del Sur course features many memorable and diverse holes of golf for the holidaying golfer to enjoy.
Golf del Sur offers 27 holes of championship golf (named the Links, North & South courses), so even if maintenance is underway there are always a full 18 holes available for your round here.
Golf del Sur has hosted the Tenerife Open on 4 occasions in the 1980’s and 1990’s, plus a matchplay showdown between Ernie Els and Phil Mickleson in 1995 – so it’s pedigree as a true championship golf course can be in no doubt.
When The Golf Travel People played the course recently it was in great condition throughout with the greens being particularly good and running as fast and truly as anywhere else on the island.
Considering the green fees at Golf del Sur can be a good deal less than some of the other premium courses elsewhere, most golfers will really enjoy their round here and we recommend you include Golf del Sur on your Tenerife golf holiday itinerary with us.
The stand-out hole in our opinion is the 3rd hole on the North course which runs alongside a gaping chasm in the volcanic rock which has surely been carved out by storm waters running off Teide over the years. You simply cannot afford to hit a push or slice either off the tee or for your second (or third) shots up to the elevated green as anything more than a few metres offline to the right will be swallowed up in the bottom of the canyon over 25 metres below the level of the fairway!
Similar to the adjacent Amarilla Golf, Golf del Sur is a club that has a vibrant members section and they do welcome guests to join some of their Open competitions throughout the year.
The clubhouse here at Golf del Sur is a colonial style building on 3 sides of a terrace/courtyard and has great views over the marina and down to the sea.Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5897m
Max Length (Ladies): 5030m
Slope (Men): 137
Slope (Ladies): 129
Year Opened: 1987
Designer: Manuel Pinero & Pepe Gancedo
Manager: Maca Rodriguez
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Reduced rates for 12+ players
3 & 5 round offers also available from only £127pp
Golf del Sur, Tenerife
- Volcanic sand bunkers
- 10 minutes from Tenerife Airport
- Excellent practise facilities
- 18 holes + buggy + Lunch offers
- Stunning views