Located in the Southern part of Tenerife and easily accessed from the Tenerife Sur Airport, the Amarilla Golf Club is a good quality holiday golf course that is worth playing as part of any golf holiday in this area of the Canaries.
Designed by the prolific Donald Steel, the Amarilla Golf Course runs right down by the water and then up into the low foothills of the mighty Teide volcano that dominates the Tenerife skyline from all over the island.
The golf course itself has undergone recent maintenance work on some of the holes nearest the sea and this work has seen the course return to some of its former glories. The par-3 5th hole right over the water on the front 9 is probably the most memorable on the golf course and you simply cannot afford to push or slice off the tee as a watery or sandy end on the beach or coastal path is guaranteed if you do! The back 9 running inland into the hills is probably more memorable for most players as the re-designed and more modern style golf holes really do demand quality play and ball control in the closing stretch back down to the clubhouse.
The greens here at Amarilla Golf offer a consistent putting surface throughout the course. Not the fastest or slickest greens on Tenerife, but they are a decent standard and will reward players whose putting is on good form on the day.
The Amarilla Golf Course is a near neighbour of Golf del Sur and also the 4 star Vincci Tenerife Hotel and this golfing cluster in the south of Tenerife offers a great golf holiday destination slightly away from the main resort areas of Playa las Americas and Los Cristianos to the West.Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5929m
Max Length (Ladies): 4901m
Slope (Men): 130
Slope (Ladies): 126
Year Opened: 1989
Designer: Donald Steel
Manager: Eduardo Tavio
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Special rates available at Amarilla Golf Tenerife
- 18 holes
- 9 holes
- Twilight (from 1500)
- Latest time (9 holes from 1600)
- 2 players + buggy (18 holes)
- 2 players + buggy + lunch (18 holes)
- 2 players + buggy + club hire (18 holes)
- Golf Extreme: 2 players + buggy (18 holes + 9 holes Pitch & Putt) + Unlimited Range Balls + lunch
- 3 round package
- 7 days golf (18 holes per day plus 9 holes Pitch & Putt, must be played within 7 consecutive days)
Amarilla Golf and Country Club, Tenerife
- 10 minutes from Tenerife South Airport
- Package with Golf del Sur
- Great value green fees!
- 18 holes + buggy + Lunch offers