Situated on Northern Ireland’s magnificent Causeway Coast, Portstewart Golf Club presents a difficult but fair round of golf.
The Strand Course is indisputably the jewel in Portstewart’s crown for both quality the quality of the golf course and scenery.
The course is set in classic links country amid towering sand dunes with views at every turn of the Donegal hills, the Atlantic and the River Bann.
The opening hole with its elevated tee, dogleg right to the green and sandy strip on the right, was always a particularly memorable opening hole.
For something a little less challenging, the Riverside Course stretches from the clubhouse down to the River Bann.
And if you like a little heritage in your game, the original Old Course situated at the eastern end of Portstewart along the rocky shore, has tested players since 1889.
Without doubt of championship pedigree, Portstewart has hosted the Irish Amateur Championship in 1960, 1992 and 2014, the British Seniors in 2004 and most recently Irish Open in 2017 part of the European Tours’ Rolex Series, hosted by The Rory Foundation and won by Jon Rahm of Spain.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6895yds
Max Length (Ladies): 5853yds
Year Opened: 1894
Designer: Des Giffin
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Portstewart Golf Club
- 3 on-site courses
- Strand Course is tough!
- Excellent seaside links golf
- Warm welcome in clubhouse
- Bring your A-game!