Los Arqueros Golf & Country Club welcomes you to its magnificent 18 hole, par 71 course designed in 1991 by the legendary Severiano Ballesteros.
The course is ideally situated close to the beautiful mountain village of Benahavis, renowned as the restaurant capital of the Costa del Sol, and to Marbella, the centre of international tourism in Spain.
The golf course, although only 5,700 metres, was designed to challenge the experienced golfer and to test the resolve of those golfers fairly new to the game.
The course follows the contours of the terrain and blends harmoniously with the natural surroundings on Costa del Sol. This provides its own challenge with many water features and some tight narrow fairways to negotiate, but, if you forego distance for accuracy, you will be rewarded with plenty of birdie opportunities.
The signature holes are the magnificent par 5 – 13th and the challenging par 4 – 12th. Both holes play from elevated tees with hazards left and right. The tee shot on 13 requires both accuracy and distance and the tee shot on 12 requires accuracy over distance. To calm you down the mountain views over the Mediterranean Sea are some of the most spectacular that can be found on the Costa del Sol!
The course requires accurate play, especially in some tight tee shots where you may have to forego distance in your drive and opt instead for shorter irons or woods which ensure that the ball reaches the fairway. Hole 8 is especially tricky, as it is a long par 5, with a tight dogleg towards the right which slopes sharply downhill to the green, and a hazardous out-of-bounds area finishing in a stream at the entrance to the green. Watch out too for the 13th hole, with its high tee requiring an accurate and hard-hitting drive to a downhill area guarded by bunkers, and where only careful play will ensure that you save the par. The 3rd hole is also excellent, with a lake to the left of the fairway and a scattering of wide bunkers on the right – but it requires more attention than expected to finish successfully.
However, the most difficult hole is the 6th, as it is not only the longest, but the tee-off shot is the decisive one. Therefore, this is a demanding course which requires a calculated game, and where you cannot afford to take many risks if you want to make your handicap.
To get you in to the right frame of mind for the challenges ahead, Los Arqueros Golf provides an extensive practice area including driving range, putting greens, chipping green and practice bunkers.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5667m
Max Length (Ladies): 4820m
Year Opened: 1991
Designer: Severiano Ballesteros
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
All our green fee rates here at Los Arqueros include a buggy
Group discounts also available
Contact us for latest and best rates!