The golf course at Altorreal is the main city course of Murcia in the far south-eastern corner of Spain.
With an elevated location on the hills overlooking the city of Murcia itself and only a few minutes from the city centre, Altorreal Golf offers a friendly members-style club with a warm welcome guaranteed to all visitors.
The Altorreal golf course winds its way through a few small housing areas that have no impact on the quality of the golf course and in fact give a few of the holes on the front nine a bit of a stadium feel with the fairways plotted in valleys below. So straight hitting is required through the first few holes to score well on the front nine, but on the back nine the course opens up more and becomes more forgiving allowing you to open the shoulders a little and play a few more adventurous shots if required!
The back nine also features some unusual water hazards down the stretch so whilst the course is a little more open you must still be careful to keep the ball under control to avoid a watery grave.
With a welcoming clubhouse the venue for a refreshing drink and bite to eat following your round here at Altorreal, this is a great golf course in Murcia to include on your golf break in the Murcia Costa Blanca golfing destination.Murcia, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6171m
Max Length (Ladies): 5039m
Slope (Men): 135
Slope (Ladies): 129
Year Opened: 1994
Designer: Dave Thomas
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Altorreal Golf Club
- Quality members club
- Just outside Murcia city
- Offers a friendly welcome to all
- A must-play course in Murcia
- Some tricky holes