Venue of 2022 European Tour Q-School Final Qualifying Round
Originally opened in March 2007 as Costa Esuri West and now re-opened in Spring 2020, Isla Canela Links is a superb riverside parkland course but with a real links golf feel. The prevailing wind off the Guadiana river brings added challenge to the layout but the fairways are wide and fair.
Don’t be put off by the fact that the Isla Canela Links is situated in a large residential development. The housing only borders the course down one side and does not cut in to any of the fairways. This gives a round at Isla Canela Links a real wide open feel and demonstrates the designer’s (Aymerich Golf) understanding of what is required to merge a great golf course with much needed infrastructure.
During your round at Isla Canela Links you will spend most of your time looking out to the magnificent River Guadiana which forms the border between Spain and Portugal. Those with eagle eyes will spot the Seve Ballesteros course at Quinta do Vale Golf Club over the water in Portugal. This is also well worth a play.
When you finish your round at Isla Canela Links, you can relax and unwind in the clubhouse which has a large bar area and a sun terrace overlooking the river and substantial practice area. The food is excellent in the clubhouse, especially the breakfast, so arrive early if you are playing in the morning!
Huelva, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6540m
Max Length (Ladies): 5337m
Slope (Men): 127
Slope (Ladies): 126
Year Opened: 2007
Designer: Jose Canales
Manager: Kostka Horno
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Special Offers at Isla Canela Links
Amazing value stay and play deals always available at the 4 star Isla Canela Golf Hotel or the Isla Canela Golf Apartments… click for full details and pricing
Reduced rate golf deals always available at Isla Canela Links – green fees from only £42pp