Founded in 1881, Royal Belfast Golf Club lays claim to the title of the oldest golf club in Ireland. The present course dates back to 1925, when responsibility for the course design and layout at the present location was given to H.S. Colt, the eminent English course architect of the day.
With the assistance of Walker Cup player W.A. Murray, Colt produced a course of great charm which provides a true test of golfing skill and enjoys one of the most scenic settings of any in these islands with its unrivalled views of Belfast Lough and the Antrim plateau beyond.
The course remains much the same today as it was then, a tribute to the enduring excellence of its original design, always meticulously maintained with impeccable greens and groves of rhododendrons and gorse providing a colourful backdrop in spring.
Visiting players are always warmly welcomed to enjoy a real slice of Irish golfing history.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6306yds
Max Length (Ladies): 5555yds
Year Opened: 1881
Designer: H.S. Colt
Manager: Susanna Morrison
Pro: Andrew Ferguson
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Royal Belfast Golf Club
- Mature parkland course
- Always in great condition
- Great location and views
- Opulent clubhouse
- A must-play Belfast course