Located in the heart of Marbella and just five minutes away from the Marbella Old Town – Rio Real Golf Club and Hotel is in a prestigious part of the city. The resort is just a 40-minute drive from Malaga International Airport.
Considered by many to be the best Spanish golf course architect of all time, Rio Real Golf Club was opened in 1965 following its design by Javier Arana and Rio Real is the oldest golf course in the Marbella Region.
The Rio Real course runs alongside the Rio Real River from which it takes its name and which forms an integral part of the course until it meets the Mediterranean Sea.
A par 72 golf course of over 6,000 metres, Rio Real’s fairways are framed with a variety of species of trees from pines and palms to olive and cypress – combining with the Mediterranean Sea in the background to provide stunning views and backdrops.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6051m
Max Length (Ladies): 5075m
Slope (Men): 138
Slope (Ladies): 124
Year Opened: 1965
Designer: Javier Arana
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Great value Stay & Play and golf-only deals always available here at Rio Real Golf & Hotel in Marbella – contact us for your bespoke quotation and availability!
Rio Real Golf Marbella
- Spectacular golf course
- Some seaside holes
- Quality hotel on-site
- Highly recommended!