HOST COURSE – AROEIRA GOLF TROPHY
With the Arrabida mountains as its backdrop, the Quinta do Peru Golf Course offers amateurs a pleasant game, whilst also presenting a challenge for professionals. It was voted amongst the top 10 courses in Portugal in the biennial poll organised by the European Golf magazine.
The course’s recognised quality has led to its hosting several events from the European Challenge Tour.
With its many trees and wild flowers, the course provides a varied start, for the first three holes consist of a par 5, a 386-metre par 4 and a 186-metre par 3. Amongst the first nine holes, attention is drawn to the short eighth hole, with a lake in front of its green.
The next nine holes are even more difficult. Number 12 is a par 4 which, although not very long, has a lake running beside the fairway and down to the green. Then comes what is probably the most difficult test on the course: hole 16, a 200-metre par 3, where one needs to play over a lake to reach the green.
The friendly family atmosphere makes this club one of the most highly regarded in Portuguese golf, its diversified course offering excellent views over the surrounding countryside.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6036m
Max Length (Ladies): 4703m
Slope (Men): 137
Slope (Ladies): 127
Year Opened: 1994
Designer: Rocky Roquemore
Manager: Pedro de Mello Breyner
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
GREAT VALUE – Orizonte Golf Packages!
- Stay & Play Orizonte Golf Packages available at a range of excellent Lisbon region hotels with 7 night, 5 green fee and 4 night, 3 green fee options – just ask for your full quotation:
- Turim AV Liberdade
- Hotel Fenix Lisboa
- Hotel Costa Caparica
- Hotel Sana Sesimbra
- Sesimbra Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Alfoz
- Tryp Lisboa Caparica Mar
1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 round options at all Orizonte Golf Courses (Aroeira 1 & 2, Quinta do Peru, Ribagolfe 1 & 2, Santo Estevao) plus options available to include 2 hours on the driving range each day with unlimited range balls. Plus the exceptional value Orizonte Golf Passport is available for 3 & 5 round deals over the full range of excellent golf courses in the group from only £42pp per round.
Quinta do Peru Golf and Country Club
- Challenging championship course
- Excellent practice facilities
- Easy walking golf course
- Great greens
- A “must-play” course