18 holes par-71 links, 6,646 metres.
DUNAS GOLF COURSE, COMPORTA, PORTUGAL
“Golf is a sport brought into existence along the rugged coastline of my country of birth, Scotland. Played over the sandy dunes that fringe the beaches, where the breezy constantly blows, this is what we call Links Golf. As golf has circled the globe it never finds a better home than along sandy shores, like those at Comporta. Sand and Sea are the fundamental ingredients to great golf, just look at any list of the best courses in the world, from St. Andrews to Pebble Beach, the sand, the breeze and the shoreline are the elements man cannot create, they have to exist naturally.
Golfers yearn to play beautiful, natural, uncontrived courses, that’s why Links golf is golf at its best, and Dunas is true Links Golf, unique in Portugal, unique throughout southern Europe. For golfers that know Links this will be a ‘must play’ golf course for those that don’t it will be a new experience, an awakening of what golf is meant to be.” David McLay Kidd – GOLF COURSE ARCHITECT
Just one hour south of Lisbon, situated in a secluded coastal setting on the edge of the Sado Estuary Nature Reserve, The Dunas Course is the first of two 18-hole championship layouts that is being built at Terras da Comporta.
Created over 84 hectares of natural, sandy terrain the par-71 course, is a true links, unique in Portugal, expertly designed and manicured to provide a world-class golfing experience.
The links-style layout is the first to be designed in mainland Europe by acclaimed golf architect David McLay-Kidd, whose other famous golf creations include Bandon Dunes, Queenwood, Beaverbrook, Machrihanish Dunes and the Castle Course at St. Andrews.
Features fairways sown with Festuca grass, providing a challenging playing atmosphere in the most spectacular setting. At 6,646 meters in length, the challenging course demands the highest level of concentration and accuracy.
Buggies & range balls included with all green fees. There are six optional tees on each hole, a player can choose different game levels – enjoying a simple relaxing game or testing itself against the course as a professional.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6646m
Max Length (Ladies): 4917m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2023
Designer: David McLay Kidd
Golf Director: Rodrigo Ulrich
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Terras de Comporta Golf Club - Dunas Golf Course
- A links-style golf course
- Portugal’s newest golf course
- Buggies & range balls included with all green fees
- Accommodation options nearby
- A McLay-Kidd design masterpiece!