HOST COURSE – QUINTA DO LAGO OPEN TOURNAMENTS
Now available – the 4 star Magnolia Hotel – owned and operated by Quinta do Lago
Now re-opened after a major re-modelling by the victorious 2014 Ryder Cup Captain Paul McGinley. Book now to experience this fantastic quality course.
McGinley said: “I’ve been coming to Quinta do Lago with my family for many years now and it keeps getting better and better. The new design will test golfers in many different ways and I believe this is a great addition to Europe’s leading destination.”
Quinta do Lago North golf course is the sister course of the Quinta do Lago South course and is situated in this famous hot spot for golf in the Algarve. It is a beautifully natural course full of challenges and is well worth a round for your golf holiday in Portugal.
Quinta do Lago North course has two architects. William Mitchell designed holes 1 to 5 and 15 to 18 in 1974. These holes (as with the other course) share a unique character. The terrain is typical of the area: sandy and strewn with pine trees, heather, gorse and wild flowers.
Holes 6 to 14 were designed by Joseph Lee with the collaboration of Rocky Roquemore, both from the USA, and opened in 1989.
The terrain is superb, sandy and littered with umbrella pines. In the spring, the rough is covered with a blanket of wild flowers. The greens are sown with Penn Bent Grass guaranteeing high quality putting surfaces all year round. Fairways and tees are covered with Bermuda 419 hybrid, which provides year-round, top quality swards.
Quinta North is an enjoyable challenge to golfers of all standards, the natural woodland, pine setting, the combination of undulating greens, well positioned bunkers and water hazards ensure a unique golf experience.
Walking off the 18th, the course may leave you with a sense of accomplishment or thoughts for what might have been – but always a longing to address the tee on the first hole and do it all again.
What our customers say
Top 3 course
A top quality golf course that i love to play.
It is fair but challenging.
In my top three of any i have ever played.
Graham from Donny.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6783yds
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Quinta do Lago & Laranjal Golf Packages
- Q1 – 1 round Quinta do Lago South and 1 round Quinta do Lago Laranjal
- Q3 – 1 round Quinta do Lago South, 1 round Quinta do Lago North and 1 round Quinta do Lago Laranjal
- Q5 – 2 rounds Quinta do Lago South, 1 round Quinta do Lago North and 2 rounds Quinta do Lago Laranjal
Super Stay & Play Offers available at Monte da Quinta Resort
Quinta do Lago Golf Club - North Course
- Recently re-designed
- A premier Algarve golf course
- Excellent greens
- Packages with QDL Laranjal & South
- A “must-play” course