HOST COURSE – QUINTA DO LAGO OPEN TOURNAMENTS
Now available – the 4 star Magnolia Hotel – owned and operated by Quinta do Lago
This fine golf course – in a former orange grove – was voted the best Algarve golf course in 2011. The course seems like it has been there for many years and fully deserves its recent awards making it a fine choice for your golf holiday in Portugal.
Laranjal, originally an orange grove, is today a beautiful and totally different golf experience. It is a sanctuary for those seeking the finest in golf and personalized service. Its narrow fairways and well defined greens require concentration and accuracy to navigate this testing course laid out on a rolling and distinctive terrain.
It is a par 72, 6,480 meters, with five par 5’s, eight par 4’s and five par 3’s set amongst umbrella pines, cork-oaks and orange trees with a natural water course and 5 beautiful lakes.
Penn A4 was selected for the greens to help guarantee good putting surfaces all year round and the fairways are sown with Bermuda.
“It will be a surprise for a lot of people… it provokes a series of emotions from the first hole to the last. It is about the game and the strategy as well as the aesthetics. Nobody will be indifferent to it” – Architect Santana da Silva.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6482m
Max Length (Ladies): 4808m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2009
Designer: Jorge Santana da Silva
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Quinta do Lago & Laranjal Golf Packages
- Q1 – 1 round Quinta do Lago South and 1 round Quinta do Lago Laranjal
- Q3 – 1 round Quinta do Lago South, 1 round Quinta do Lago North and 1 round Quinta do Lago Laranjal
- Q5 – 2 rounds Quinta do Lago South, 1 round Quinta do Lago North and 2 rounds Quinta do Lago Laranjal
Super Stay & Play Offers available at Monte da Quinta Resort
Quinta do Lago Golf Club - Laranjal Course
- Deep, deep bunkers!
- In an unspoilt area
- Underrated golf course
- Packages with QDL North & South
- Plenty of hotels nearby