HOST COURSE – QUINTA DO LAGO OPEN TOURNAMENTS
Now available – the 4 star Magnolia Hotel – owned and operated by Quinta do Lago
Quinta do Lago South Golf Course is a world famous golfing challenge set amongst a stunning mature pine forest in the Algarve golfing heartland west of Faro Airport. Home to the Portuguese Open Golf amongst many others, your golf holiday in Portugal must surely feature a round here!
Designed by William Mitchell and opened in 1974, Quinta do Lago South Course hosted the Portuguese Open Championship eight times; 1976, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990 and 2001, and many other important professional and amateur championships. The favorite of many tour players, Quinta South is a par 72 of 6,500 metres set in a natural setting surrounded by umbrella pines, lakes, wild vegetation and with the stunning Ria Formosa as the backdrop.
Each hole has generous landing areas off the tees and well-defined routing amongst the woodland pines setting. This layout encourages the average player to hit their driver, but calls for accurate driving and fairway shot precision to reach the greens in regulation.
Players will discover a variety of doglegs and strategically well located hazards obstructing the line of play for anyone who strays far from the optimum line. The front nine favour a draw, whilst the back nine a fade from the tee. Holes 8, 15 and 18 are the most testing for the scratch player whilst holes 3, 12 and 17 offer the best possibilities to see more birdie putts.
Quinta do Lago Golf Courses are an enjoyable golf experience you’ll remember and wish to repeat and the 19th may offer the perfect respite to reflect on the challenge.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 7092yds
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1974
Designer: William Mitchell
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Quinta do Lago & Laranjal Golf Packages
- Q1 – 1 round Quinta do Lago South and 1 round Quinta do Lago Laranjal
- Q3 – 1 round Quinta do Lago South, 1 round Quinta do Lago North and 1 round Quinta do Lago Laranjal
- Q5 – 2 rounds Quinta do Lago South, 1 round Quinta do Lago North and 2 rounds Quinta do Lago Laranjal
Super Stay & Play Offers available at Monte da Quinta Resort
Quinta do Lago Golf Club - South Course
- An enjoyable holiday course
- Wide fairways
- Superb practice facilities
- Packages with QDL Laranjal & North
- Excellent Quinta do Lago clubhouse