Literally translated as tall pines, this combination of pine and cork trees in a parkland setting is a beautiful layout in the Quinta do Lago, Algarve golf area. Often overlooked for its sister course at San Lorenzo Golf Club, a round at Pinheiros Altos makes a worthy addition to your golf holiday in Portugal.
Pinheiros Altos Golf Resort in Quinta do Lago is one of the most prestigious and successful premier private golf and leisure resorts in Europe. Pinheiros Altos is located in the Ria Formosa National Park, Quinta do Lago, Algarve, Portugal.
The original 18 holes were designed by the respected American architect Ronald Fream and the additional 9 holes, created by the highly regarded Portuguese golf architect George Santana da Silva, opened in 2007.
The 27 hole Championship Pinheiros Altos Golf is presented in three contrasting nine hole formats. Each nine holes is a PAR 36 and named:
- The Pines (Pinheiros)
- The Corks (Sobreiros)
- The Olives (Oliveiras)
All nine holes have their starting and finishing points in close proximity to the beautiful Pinheiros Altos Clubhouse.
The firm, fast and testing greens, sown with Pencross Bent and combined with the Bermuda fairway grass, provide resilient and excellent surfaces on which to play golf and make Pinheiros Altos a must play course when visiting the Algarve.
Along with the beautiful and challenging golf courses, the Pinheiros Altos Golf Academy, opened by Lee Westwood in 2003, is a leader is Southern Europe and is equipped with state of the art computerised coaching systems.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men):
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2007
Designer: Ronald Fream & George Santana da Silva
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Pinheiros Altos Golf Course
- 27 holes of Algarve golf
- Underrated golf course
- Plenty of tall pine trees
- Good greens and bunkers
- Sister course to San Lorenzo