Check out the latest Vale do Lobo Golf Club Stay & Play Tournaments
Featuring 2 first class championship golf courses – Vale do Lobo Ocean and Vale do Lobo Royal – in addition to a wide range of accommodation options at the Vale do Lobo Villas and Apartments, this venue is truly one of the lading golf resorts in Europe.
Vale do Lobo Ocean Golf Course is one of the oldest in the Algarve and a world-renowned venue for your golf holiday in Portugal. With a tight section cutting through some of the most spectacular golf villas in the Algarve and a section down by the sea right next to the Atlantic, you’ll never forget your Algarve golf experience.
The Ocean Golf Course features undulating fairways which run alongside a nature reserve, before leading gently down to the shores of the Atlantic
The front nine are located on a slightly hilly land which characterises Vale do Lobo, surrounded by pine trees with sea view from several holes.
It’s emblematic holes are two challenging and spectacular Par 4s, to the 11th and the 14th – which treat golfers to some of the most spectacular views in the Algarve.
The Ocean course is composed of two of the original 9-hole golf courses designed by Sir Henry Cotton, which were opened in 1968 and 1972. His plans for the merged course became reality in 1995 after his death.
“The Royal and the Ocean are 2 great courses. On the Royal, you have to hit the ball straight – you’re going to be in trouble if you don’t. The Ocean is different, it forces you to shape more shots and I really enjoy that.” António Sobrinho, 11 times Portuguese National Champion.
- Green fees for 18 holes include free transfer from the Vilamoura and Quinta do Lago areas, subject to a minimum of 2 clients per van.
- Before 10.30 it is compulsory to use a buggy on the Royal Golf Course.
- 9 hole rounds are subject to availability of the course.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6137m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1985
Designer: Sir Henry Cotton
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Vale Do Lobo Golf Offers
- 2 to 5 round packages from £150pp
- 3 round special offer from £190pp (1 x Ocean + 1 x Royal + 1 Free (allocated by club))
- Early Bird prices available from £68pp (first tee times of the day only)
- Free transfers from Vilamoura and Quinta do Lago areas (minimum 2 players, or 4 players for twilight offers)
- Free buggies available at certain times of the year
Golf packages are subject to availability of the course and stop sales. Five and four round packages must be played within 7 days. Three and two round packages must be played within 5 days. On the VDL 2+1 package the third round is subject to availability of the courses/ tee times. Groups over 12 players by arrangement. The three rounds must be played within 5 days.
Vale do Lobo – seasonal special offers
- Twilight offer – Pay for 9 holes and play up to 18 holes available throughout the year.
- Buggy offers (From 10th June to 15th September). Between 1100 – 1300 when purchasing a green fee for 18 holes benefit from buggies at €20. Between 1300 and 1500 when purchasing a green fee for 18 holes benefit from a free buggy.
- Groups offer – Groups of 8 players benefit from one free green fee in eight.
- Celebrate your birthday at Vale do Lobo – A client playing with three more players on his/hers birthday benefits from a courtesy green fee, subject to the presentation of an official document at the check-in to confirm the birthday.
Vale do Lobo Apartments Stay and Play Offers
Vale do Lobo Apartments Stay and Play Packages available all year round (except July & August)
Vale do Lobo Ocean Golf Course
- A quality Algarve golf course
- A “must-play” course
- Sister course to VDL Royal
- Packages with VDL Royal
- Plenty of hotels nearby