Check out the latest Vale do Lobo Golf Club Stay & Play Tournaments
Featuring 2 first class championship golf courses – Vale do Lobo Ocean and Vale do Lobo Royal – in addition to a wide range of accommodation options at the Vale do Lobo Villas and Apartments, this venue is truly one of the lading golf resorts in Europe.
Vale do Lobo Ocean Golf Course is one of the oldest in the Algarve and a world-renowned venue for your golf holiday in Portugal. With a tight section cutting through some of the most spectacular golf villas in the Algarve and a section down by the sea right next to the Atlantic, you’ll never forget your Algarve golf experience.
The Ocean Golf Course features undulating fairways which run alongside a nature reserve, before leading gently down to the shores of the Atlantic
The front nine are located on a slightly hilly land which characterises Vale do Lobo, surrounded by pine trees with sea view from several holes.
It’s emblematic holes are two challenging and spectacular Par 4s, to the 11th and the 14th – which treat golfers to some of the most spectacular views in the Algarve.
The Ocean course is composed of two of the original 9-hole golf courses designed by Sir Henry Cotton, which were opened in 1968 and 1972. His plans for the merged course became reality in 1995 after his death.
“The Royal and the Ocean are 2 great courses. On the Royal, you have to hit the ball straight – you’re going to be in trouble if you don’t. The Ocean is different, it forces you to shape more shots and I really enjoy that.” António Sobrinho, 11 times Portuguese National Champion.
- Green fees for 18 holes include free transfer from the Vilamoura and Quinta do Lago areas, subject to a minimum of 2 clients per van.
- Before 10.30 it is compulsory to use a buggy on the Royal Golf Course.
- 9 hole rounds are subject to availability of the course.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6137m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1985
Designer: Sir Henry Cotton
Golf Director: n/a
Vale Do Lobo Golf Offers
- 2 to 5 round packages from £150pp
- 3 round special offer from £190pp (1 x Ocean + 1 x Royal + 1 Free (allocated by club))
- Early Bird prices available from £68pp (first tee times of the day only)
- Free transfers from Vilamoura and Quinta do Lago areas (minimum 2 players, or 4 players for twilight offers)
- Free buggies available at certain times of the year
Golf packages are subject to availability of the course and stop sales. Five and four round packages must be played within 7 days. Three and two round packages must be played within 5 days. On the VDL 2+1 package the third round is subject to availability of the courses/ tee times. Groups over 12 players by arrangement. The three rounds must be played within 5 days.
Vale do Lobo Amateur Tournaments
Superb individual team and individual tournaments available throughout the year featuring golf at Vale do Lobo Royal & Ocean courses plus accommodation at the Vale do Lobo Apartments – see the Tournaments page for full details
Contact us as soon as possible for further details as these events fill up very quickly!
Vale do Lobo – seasonal special offers
- Twilight offer – Pay for 9 holes and play up to 18 holes available throughout the year.
- Buggy offers (From 10th June to 15th September). Between 1100 – 1300 when purchasing a green fee for 18 holes benefit from buggies at €20. Between 1300 and 1500 when purchasing a green fee for 18 holes benefit from a free buggy.
- Groups offer – Groups of 8 players benefit from one free green fee in eight.
- Celebrate your birthday at Vale do Lobo – A client playing with three more players on his/hers birthday benefits from a courtesy green fee, subject to the presentation of an official document at the check-in to confirm the birthday.
Vale do Lobo Apartments Stay and Play Offers
Vale do Lobo Apartments Stay and Play Packages available all year round (except July & August)
Vale do Lobo Ocean Golf Course
- A quality Algarve golf course
- A “must-play” course
- Sister course to VDL Royal
- Packages with VDL Royal
- Plenty of hotels nearby