Check out the latest Vale do Lobo Golf Club Stay & Play Tournaments
Featuring 2 first class championship golf courses – Vale do Lobo Ocean and Vale do Lobo Royal – in addition to a wide range of accommodation options at the Vale do Lobo Villas and Apartments, this venue is truly one of the lading golf resorts in Europe.
Vale do Lobo Royal Golf Course was the second course to be built at Vale do Lobo, famous for golf in the Algarve since the 1960’s. The Royal Course has a more natural feel with less housing in play and a spectacular section down by the sea which will provide lasting memories of your golf holiday in Portugal and hopefully inspire the next!
The Royal Golf Course has rolling fairways set amidst pine trees and beautiful lakes surrounded by wild flowers.
The Vale do Lobo Royal Golf Course features include the almost island green of the 9th and the famous 16th, with cliff-top carryover – one of the most celebrated golfing images in the world, which has become the veritable symbol of golf in the Algarve.
“My favourite hole is the 16th on the Royal, which has to be one of the most challenging shots in the world if the wind is against.” Jarmo Sandelin, European Tour Professional and former Ryder Cup Player.
Based on original concepts by the legendary Sir Henry Cotton and re-developed by the respected American golf architect Rocky Roquemore, the Vale do Lobo courses have twice been host to the Portuguese Open. Both take players through umbrella pine and fig tree-lined fairways to the Atlantic – the Royal playing dramatically along the cliff’s edge, while the Ocean sweeps daintily down to the beach. This combination of links and parkland golf provides an enjoyable game for golfers of all standards.
- Green fees for 18 holes include free transfer from the Vilamoura and Quinta do Lago areas, subject to a minimum of 2 clients per van.
- Before 10.30 it is compulsory to use a buggy on the Royal Golf Course.
- 9 hole rounds are subject to availability of the course.
What our customers say
Excellent course and great experience on playing both courses…
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6059m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1997
Designer: Rocky Roquemore
Golf Director: n/a
Vale Do Lobo Golf Offers
- 2 to 5 round packages from £150pp
- 3 round special offer from £190pp (1 x Ocean + 1 x Royal + 1 Free (allocated by club))
- Early Bird prices available from £68pp (first tee times of the day only)
- Free transfers from Vilamoura and Quinta do Lago areas (minimum 2 players, or 4 players for twilight offers)
- Free buggies available at certain times of the year
Golf packages are subject to availability of the course and stop sales. Five and four round packages must be played within 7 days. Three and two round packages must be played within 5 days. On the VDL 2+1 package the third round is subject to availability of the courses/ tee times. Groups over 12 players by arrangement. The three rounds must be played within 5 days.
Vale do Lobo – seasonal special offers
- Twilight offer – Pay for 9 holes and play up to 18 holes available throughout the year.
- Buggy offers (From 10th June to 15th September). Between 1100 – 1300 when purchasing a green fee for 18 holes benefit from buggies at €20. Between 1300 and 1500 when purchasing a green fee for 18 holes benefit from a free buggy.
- Groups offer – Groups of 8 players benefit from one free green fee in eight.
- Celebrate your birthday at Vale do Lobo – A client playing with three more players on his/hers birthday benefits from a courtesy green fee, subject to the presentation of an official document at the check-in to confirm the birthday.
Vale do Lobo Apartments Stay and Play Offers
Vale do Lobo Apartments Stay and Play Packages available all year round (except July & August)
Vale do Lobo Royal Golf Course
- Features one of the golf world’s…
- most famous holes!
- Sister course to VDL Ocean
- Packages with VDL Ocean
- Plenty of hotels nearby