Set in the southern coast of Portugal, the Algarve is distinguished for its unique scenery and pleasant climate, making it the perfect destination for leisure or business travel.
Enriched by natural beauty, the western Algarve is outlined by the Monchique mountains and beautiful golden beaches. You can embrace and enjoy the local culture, remember the past through visits to the historical monuments, take in the many artistic shows or handcraft fairs. In this corner of the Algarve you may visit many places of cultural, architectural or leisure interest such as the Slaves’ Market in Lagos, the Fortress in Sagres or Monchique Mountain’s Thermal Waters.
With its unique climate it is known to be the perfect place for leisure and sports enthusiasts. Golf is available free of charge on-site for all hotel residents over the 3 onsite Penina Golf Club courses – the Sir Henry Cotton Championship Course, the Resort Course and the Academy Course – are all available to residents of the hotel free of charge all year round and there are numerous other local courses to test even the most ardent player.
The Algarve also offers tennis, sailing, mountain biking, trekking, amongst others. The recently built Algarve Motor Park, located near Portimao is the most recent attraction for motor sports enthusiasts.
The Alvor beach is just four kilometres away from the hotel and complimentary transfers are provided from June to the end of September.
The hotel is located midway between the traditional fishing port of Portimao and the historic town of Lagos. The nearest town, with shops, local entertainment and a casino, is just four kilometres from the resort.Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Junior Suites, Grand Junior Suites and Grand Suite bookings include free buggies
Mountain and Pool view available
Double or Twin Rooms
Direct dial telephone
High Speed Internet connection
Full length mirror
Tea & Coffee facilities
32 inch flat screen
Video on demand
Bathtub with shower
Hairdryer & magnifying mirror
Private balcony (available for pool view and selected mountain view rooms)
Discounted room rates always available here at the Penina Hotel and Golf Resort:
Group, Winter, Easter, Early Summer Offers all with 15% – 20% discounts available on room rates and combinable with golf offers and if none of these are available then the Early Booking Offer is available at all other times – please ask for your full quotation!
- For all stays the following golf offer applies:
- Minimum 7 night stays: 4 rounds of golf/person on Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course +3 rounds of golf on Resort Golf Course or Academy Golf Course + 1 dinner at Sagres Restaurant or Club Sir Henry Cotton Club or L’Arlecchino Restaurant (excluding drinks).
- Minimum 5 night stays: 3 rounds of golf/person on Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course +2 rounds of golf on Resort Golf Course or Academy Golf Course.
- Minimum 3 night stays: 2 round of golf/person on Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course +1 round of golf on Resort Golf Course or Academy Golf Course.
During all periods, extra golf on the days of play is available free of charge by arrangement with the pro-shop upon completion of your first round of the day.
November to February stays include daily golf.
- Compulsory Christmas and New Year meal supplements will apply for stays on 24th, 25th & 31st December
- Stay 7 nights and benefit from a free evening dinner per person in the Sagres and Sir Henry Cotton restaurants (excluding drinks)
- Reduced rates also available at San Lorenzo and Pinheiros Altos golf courses for Penina Golf Resort residents outside the standard free golf offers above
Penina Hotel and Golf Resort 5*
- All-Inclusive basis available
- A short drive from Lagos
- On-site Championship course
- 9 Hole academy course on-site
- Choice of four restaurants