This magnificent O’Connor Junior designed course is situated in the centre of the Algarve golf region at Amendoeira Golf Resort where you will also find the Amendoeira Faldo and Amendoeira Academy golf courses. Make sure your golf holiday in Portugal includes a tee time on this cracking golf course.
Designed by Christy O’Connor Jnr, this course complements the neighbouring Amendoeira Faldo Course and also takes full advantage of being situated in a fertile valley. Its various water features, both lakes and watercourses that are spread throughout the entire course, demand accuracy and test from all golfers, and the rich topsoil has been skilfully landscaped and planted with mature palm trees, affording a lush, ornamental setting like an extensive oasis.
This course has tees that are generally connected to the fairways, but its greater overall distance, the water hazards and big greens provide its challenge. Golfers must also be prepared to read the subtly contoured putting surfaces that are strong features.
Holes 7, 8 and 9, average length par 4’s, offer a particular challenge as all three run alongside lakes, so golfers’ concentration and accuracy of tee-shots as well as approaches are vital. 3rd and 17th holes are both excellent par 3’s.
Two consecutive par 4’s, the 14th and 15th with large rolling greens, are tough hurdles to overcome at such a critical stage of the round, and then the finishing hole, 356m off the white tee, requires a precision drive to set up the approach to a two tier green benched into the hillside. Christy’s 18th hole brings the course to a fantastic finish, a gentle climb with the river running along the right hand side. ‘This hole is a humdinger; once you get up here and look down on the golf course, you will feel you have been blessed.’Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
Some of the bunkers not good same as faldo
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6708m
Max Length (Ladies): 5242m
Slope (Men): 137
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2008
Designer: Christy O’Connor Jnr
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
- March, April & October – high season
- February, May, June & September & November – mid season
- January, July & August, December – low season
- Reduced rate Christmas, Easter & Summer Special Offers available including buggies at the Amendoeira Faldo and OConnor Jnr golf courses – contact us for latest and best prices on these great offers!
- Amendoeira Faldo from only £114pp
- Amendoeira O`Connor Jnr from only £108pp
Amendoeira OConnor Jnr Golf Course
- Buggy always included
- Tighter than the Faldo course
- Excellent greens
- Usually in top condition
- Lots of on-site accommodation available